New Road From Sukhumvit To Jomtien/pattaya

lawling

Can anyone advise me on whether there is a map anywhere on the internet showing the route of the new road?

I gather it will join Thappraya Road at the Hanuman statue and the drainage work along Thappraya seems to be approaching there at present.

I see what appear to be various preparatory works, here and there, between Hanuman corner and Sukhumvit but there would seem to be a lot of obstacles between them that will have to be tackled - so the precise route isn't clear.

I imagine it will be years before it is complete. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a timetable (for what it would be worth)!

Regardless what he is asking <g>, I would like to see a map of the proposed "Jomtien Second Road."

I've read various newspaper references saying it will run from the Hanuman statue intersection to Soi Chaiyapruek, but in one article it said they were having trouble negotiating with Wat Boonkanjaram Temple. The Temple is at the intersection of Soi Watboon and Sukhumvit *before* Soi Chayapruek. So just where does this Second Road cross Soi Watboon, where does it cross Soi Chiayapruek, and where exactly does it terminate?

Regardless what he is asking <g>, I would like to see a map of the proposed "Jomtien Second Road."

I've read various newspaper references saying it will run from the Hanuman statue intersection to Soi Chaiyapruek, but in one article it said they were having trouble negotiating with Wat Boonkanjaram Temple. The Temple is at the intersection of Soi Watboon and Sukhumvit *before* Soi Chayapruek. So just where does this Second Road cross Soi Watboon, where does it cross Soi Chiayapruek, and where exactly does it terminate?

If it's called Jomtien Second Road, then that's what I am asking about and those are the obstacles I had in mind.

Is there a map on the net and a timetable for "Jomtien Second Road", please?

From that old thread:

The third length will be from the Mae Sriruan Restaurant crossroads to the Bunkanchanaram Temple. The fourth length will be from Bunkanchanaram Temple to Soi Chaiyapruk, and the fifth length will be from Soi Chaiyapruk to Sukhumvit Road......

That's the part that had me puzzled. Wat Boonkanjanaram (Bunkanchanaram Temple) is at the intersection of Soi Wat Boon and Sukhumvit. Why/How would Jomtien Second Road go from there to Soi Chiyapruek?

Can anyone advise me on whether there is a map anywhere on the internet showing the route of the new road?

I gather it will join Thappraya Road at the Hanuman statue and the drainage work along Thappraya seems to be approaching there at present.

I see what appear to be various preparatory works, here and there, between Hanuman corner and Sukhumvit but there would seem to be a lot of obstacles between them that will have to be tackled - so the precise route isn't clear.

I imagine it will be years before it is complete. Does anyone know if there is supposed to be a timetable (for what it would be worth)!

it will go straight at the hanoman the parking in front of the 7-11 will become the road and you can see the empty lot beyond that, ten through where the hotel parks the busses. it will go past the view taly buildings and continue straight........not sure what happens then