Where To Buy A Floor Jack?

madjbs

Does anyone know where I can buy a floor jack in bangkok. They have mini ones in lotus and makro but they are fairly useless as they dont lift very high. Would be better if it was in a central location or to the west.

Thanks

Jake

Does anyone know where I can buy a floor jack in bangkok. They have mini ones in lotus and makro but they are fairly useless as they dont lift very high. Would be better if it was in a central location or to the west.

Thanks

Jake

Saw the models in upper left and center a while ago at True Value.

jacks_stands.jpg

May I ask what for?

depending on what ye want, the articulated ones on wheels (see the center photo above) are quite heavy and you need a place to keep them...I had one (2 ton capacity) when I lived inna first floor flat down at the beach in LA and had to carry the mother up and down the stairs...hard on yer back...it had good range...I could remove a VW bug engine using it in about 15 min...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Go to the Worachak intersection, on the edge of Chinatown and not too far from Wat Saket. This is where you will find all the car parts you need. On Lan Luang road heading towards Klong Thom center from the Worachak intersection you will find several outfits that sell heavy duty floor jacks. The ones from Japan were somewhat pricy, but they had Chinese ones that were very reasonable. You could also find them in Klong Thom, in and around the center just up the street on the other side.

Im looking for the one in the center for doing work under my car. Where is True Value? I have never heard of it before.

Thanks

Jake

Edit: just seen the new replies, thanks qualtrough that sounds just the kind of place im looking for. Do you rememberr the price of the chinese ones? Im looking for a 3ton jack with about 450mm of lift.

Thanks

Jake

Edited by madjbs

Im looking for the one in the center for doing work under my car. Where is True Value? I have never heard of it before.

Thanks

Jake

Edit: just seen the new replies, thanks qualtrough that sounds just the kind of place im looking for. Do you rememberr the price of the chinese ones? Im looking for a 3ton jack with about 450mm of lift.

Thanks

Jake

I am just guessing, but I think the big looking 3 ton jacks were something like 1800 Baht. I know they were no more than 2500. I remember thinking at the time that they were cheaper than I thought. There is a lot of leeway in the prices there, and as there are lots of shops selling them you can shop around to get an idea of the best price.

I made the mistake of buying one of those pipsqueak floor jacks rated at 2 tons and it wouldn't and it just about bent getting one wheel of my old Land Rover off the ground.

Edited by qualtrough

I also got one of those but it doesnt lift my car high enough to get it onto a pair of jackstands (even though on the box it said it could raise to 380mm, which it cant) So its been delegated to "in car jack" in case of a flat tyre.