Settlement Visa Advice

hi my wife has been in the uk for 4 weeks. i have her enroled at a doctors and have given her a bank account. is the anything else i should do? she is wanting to work soon. also our marraige papers havent been registered yet inthe uk. how do i go about this? any help and advice would be greatly recieved.jim

p.s. also is there anything i should bear in mind that would help the flr or ilr to make it easier in the future?

Edited by jimbobalooba

She can work now, she must get a job offer and then apply for an NI number (she may be able to get the NI number first).

Marriage doesn't have to registered in UK, you are legally married with a Thai marriage certificate (although you will need a translation if anyone is to read it in UK)

For ILR she will need to prove her profficiency in English and pass a 'life in UK test' or complete a course. Best to start the course or the preparation as soon as possible.

For ILR you will also need to prove that you have been living together for the previous 2 years so start to collect all correspondance addressed to yourselves either jointly or individually to the same address. FLR doesn't require the test or so much evidence.