Titty Twister Bar Shut

Darlek

This is taken from the 'Asia Bugle' newsletter at the end of March this year :

Santos, one time operator of the Warbler, Titti Twisters etc, has been found alive and hanging out in Koh Chang. Whether he had plans to open a business there and was looking for investors is unclear. However he has now arrived back in Bangkok and is being supplied with police accommodation. Those conned out of a reported 30 million Baht may now get revenge, as he is expected to remain in Police accommodation for a long time on various fraud changes. But they cannot expect their money back as he is now penniless. I am told that bail is set at 1 Million Baht however so far none of Santos’ old friends have felt inclined to cough up!

Meantime if you are owed money by Santos, Lumpini police would like to hear from you. Then your name can be placed on the vast, ever growing obelisk that reaches high into the sky over Thailand and you will be added to the ever growing list of individuals, corporations and international institutions under the simple words; “conned in Thailand.”

Santos, one time operator of the Warbler, Titti Twisters etc, has been found alive and hanging out in Koh Chang. Whether he had plans to open a business there and was looking for investors is unclear. However he has now arrived back in Bangkok and is being supplied with police accommodation. Those conned out of a reported 30 million Baht may now get revenge, as he is expected to remain in Police accommodation for a long time on various fraud changes. But they cannot expect their money back as he is now penniless. I am told that bail is set at 1 Million Baht however so far none of Santos’ old friends have felt inclined to cough up!

Meantime if you are owed money by Santos, Lumpini police would like to hear from you. Then your name can be placed on the vast, ever growing obelisk that reaches high into the sky over Thailand and you will be added to the ever growing list of individuals, corporations and international institutions under the simple words; “conned in Thailand.”

So now we know.

I have to say that the answer is far better than the question.

I mean we understand the answer.

All the power to you, Up2U. :o

The poster asked a simple question, which seems to be beyond the scope of most people to answer. I am assuming that he is referring to the Titty Twister in Nana, on the first floor?

thats correct . its dark which is a tad unusual , as totally closing a bar is just plain dumb

as they can always raise some revenue on any night ...unless the police have closed it down for some illegality

First floor [uK] = second floor [uS]

But closing the bar does make sense since there are so many conflicting claims. Only the rightful owner(s) have a claim to the profits and to appoint the management team. Absent management, the profits will be non-existant because the staff will clean them out. So who would pay the bills and costs of stocking the bar when they don't have a clear claim to the profits?

Titty Twister wasn't much to begin with and is not missed. Its greatest claim to fame was being recommended by those with little taste who shamelessly shill on the internet for the substandard establishments they consider to be their clubhouse (see also Rififi, The Living Room, Angel Witch, Midnite).

Glad to hear they finally got that lying POS. Owes a buddy of mine 40K Baht. Would sit there and promise that a check would be waiting at so and so time etc..

day after day he would make these ridiculous promises. Money was being sent from India--that was another one. could never figure out whay he could not get 40K--he was paying a band big time--lots of customers etc--he just didn't want to pay.

After realizing that he would never get his money my buddy thought about bringin us into the wablers to run up a big bill and then just walk out.. We should have done that.