Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Windsor Park Golf Course

candoman89

Well; it is 4 days now and I have cooled down enough to post what I consider an unbiased report on this course.

First the good news.......fairways are good to excellent; greens are okay to good; caddy I had was good; locker room and attendants were fabulous. Only lost one ball (way below average).

Went to their web site and found the following (sorry can't copy the web page or post a photo of the web page for some reason) but it says explicitly

AFTER 0830 HRS

Weekdays Green Fee BAHT 900 Wednesday-Friday

Sport Days

ALL DAY GOLF

GREEN FEE BAHT 900 MONDAY-TUESDAY

Thai golfers and Thailand residents must show ID, resident permit or Thai driving license

Was looking forward to a good round on a new course (for me)

Trying to get there as I have never played there before I looked at their web site and couldn't find a map (finally found one later on the tab that says "Contact Us" but it was all in Thai and couldn't find an icon to display it in English). So I went to the Thaigolfer website and got the map off there. Silly me, thinking a Thai map would be accurate. After following the directions (1.5 hours later from Sukhumvit Nana area) arrived at the course.

Now reality sets in...........

Had booked a twosome (for last Thursday) and went up to the desk and handed her my drivers license. She said I wasn't eligible for the promotion for over 55 because I wasn't over 55 (they have some other promotion for 55+ year golfers) and I had to pay 1,700 Baht.

I said no; you have promotion after 830 HRS for 900 Baht. She said that was for Thais and I wasn't Thai so I had to pay 1700 Baht. I said no...........your web site says I need a Thai drivers license. She said no.............1700 Baht Sir. I said get the manager. 5 minutes later she came back and said (can you guess what......Manager not here).

I raised my voice and said............GET THE FARKING MANAGER RIGHT FARKING NOW (I think she peed her pants at that).

10 minutes later she came back and said that this one time only I would get a VIP pass for 900 Baht.

Now I am in a real good mood (NOT).

Went to the tee off area and there was a 3 ball waiting and us (2 ball). Next thing I know 2 more people joined the 3 ball so now its a 5 ball and us. Guess what............the 5 ball went first. I thought; okay well we can pass them soon. Then another 5 ball came and they went before us (they let us pass soon after that). <deleted> is the starter thinking about (and no the lady at the front desk didn't contact them to tell them to delay us as revenge). Both 5 ball groups were Thais but the first 5 ball (the ones who wouldn't let us pass) had a hi so with them. Not a marshall to be seen on the course.

Talked to some employees there and some members and they all said the management of the course are an_alholes.

Took the better part of 6 hours to play.

So what have we learned about Windsor Park........................

TIT

Racist policy (non-Thais pay more);

Liars

Management sucks

Will play there again in celebration of the next snow storm in Bangkok

I once had to pay more than Thais, my wife a Thai and I had agreed to play with some Thai friends so couldn't really say I won't play when we were there. But I won't do it again. Phone up first is the way.

We have never had a problem just the two of us turning up anywhere and we play most weekdays. Have a look at www.thaigolfer.com there are many good courses around..Maung Ake, Lamlukka,Chuan Chuen, Tanyatanee and most have a sports day. Played Tanyatanee today 640baht inc caddy.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't book the twosome, my friend did and he confirmed the prices. He got the special Citibank discount and thought I would too.

Whenever I go anywhere with a group of Thais and I am the lone foreigner I always get them to pay (and I pay them back of course) to avoid being charged the excessive farang costs.

Have played Muang Ake and looking forward to playing Lamluka.

• 1 month later...
I didn't book the twosome, my friend did and he confirmed the prices. He got the special Citibank discount and thought I would too.

Whenever I go anywhere with a group of Thais and I am the lone foreigner I always get them to pay (and I pay them back of course) to avoid being charged the excessive farang costs.

Have played Muang Ake and looking forward to playing Lamluka.

My wife and I now have memberships at Muang Ake and play there 4/5 times a week. I prefer Tanyatanee, but the travelling is just too far for us. Try Tanyatanee on sports day..very good value.