American Style Laudromats

cneuy3

I've searched this and found an old thread but it doesn't specify everything......

I'm looking for a place where I can take my clothes and wash them myself. I must specify MYSELF. Basically what I'm looking for is your standard coin operated washers and dryers. An example of one is located across from Mike's Burger near Thapae gate. Unfortunately their dryers are shit and don't seem to dry your clothes at all.

I'd like a place that is open 24 hours like that place to use for emergencies like today when all my clothes seem to be dirty. I'd appreciate any recommendations along with detailed directions. I live on Huay Kaew in Hillside but you can use any fairly recognizable place as a starting point. Thanks in advance.

I believe LA has many excellent facilities. :o

Also hanging up in the air seems to work OK in the tropics, problem is that you don't get the shrinkage.

Alternatively there are numerous laundries that will wash, dry and iron for you very reasonably. As a bonus you don't need waste your time waiting for the cycles.

Yeah but the OP insists on doing it themselves. Fair enough, but I for one also have a hard time comprehending.

It is so freaking cheap to have it done for you here. I go to an apt bldg across the street from mine. They have a phlanx of washers and dryers.

If I drop off in the morning no later than 9:30 or so, all is ready by 5 PM same day. They iron everything (even socks and undies). I think small items/t's cost about 5 B each, sheets/towels slightly more. I pay an average of 70-100 B for a big bag of stuff, twice a week...... :o

And no, there are no cute college girls hanging out in laundromats here- they send out their stuff, just like everyone else!

Yeah but the OP insists on doing it themselves. Fair enough, but I for one also have a hard time comprehending.

It is so freaking cheap to have it done for you here. I go to an apt bldg across the street from mine. They have a phlanx of washers and dryers.

If I drop off in the morning no later than 9:30 or so, all is ready by 5 PM same day. They iron everything (even socks and undies). I think small items/t's cost about 5 B each, sheets/towels slightly more. I pay an average of 70-100 B for a big bag of stuff, twice a week...... :o

And no, there are no cute college girls hanging out in laundromats here- they send out their stuff, just like everyone else!

It is actually more expensive to wash your clothes yourself at most of the self service places I've found. Atleast if you wash your clothes the way I do meaning seperation of colors along with not over filling machines.

My original post has nothing to do with saving coin. I've also been pleased with the service at most of the small wash, dry, and iron shops and use them frequently.

Sometimes, however, I have alot of clothes laying around and nothing to do and I feel like getting something done. If you know of a shop with quality machines then I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

It is actually more expensive to wash your clothes yourself at most of the self service places I've found. Atleast if you wash your clothes the way I do meaning seperation of colors along with not over filling machines.

My original post has nothing to do with saving coin. I've also been pleased with the service at most of the small wash, dry, and iron shops and use them frequently.

Sometimes, however, I have alot of clothes laying around and nothing to do and I feel like getting something done. If you know of a shop with quality machines then I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Plus, my wardrobe doesn't only consist of cargo pants and t-shirts like alot of you. Some of my clothes are very expensive and I prefer to have them handled by professionals or myself.

Edited by cneuy3

Just for the record, in my experience hanging clothes outside to dry in the rainy season does not work. Even if the clothes are sheltered from rain, the humidity often prevents clothes from drying completely. Up north it seems that this year's rainy season hasn't been full-on, but last year I took to hanging my clothes inside with the fan on them all day.

If I drop off in the morning no later than 9:30 or so, all is ready by 5 PM same day. They iron everything (even socks and undies). I think small items/t's cost about 5 B each, sheets/towels slightly more. I pay an average of 70-100 B for a big bag of stuff, twice a week...... :D

Plus, my wardrobe doesn't only consist of cargo pants and t-shirts like alot of you. Some of my clothes are very expensive and I prefer to have them handled by professionals or myself.

with that remark, Im sure you'll get the right advice here :o

If I drop off in the morning no later than 9:30 or so, all is ready by 5 PM same day. They iron everything (even socks and undies). I think small items/t's cost about 5 B each, sheets/towels slightly more. I pay an average of 70-100 B for a big bag of stuff, twice a week...... :D

with that remark, Im sure you'll get the right advice here :o

well i can understand what the OP is asking for. some people just have clothes that is out of this world. pants full of embroidery, silk linings, gold threads. silk undies. the works. few things you can do here:

1. order online at Bizrate

I took the liberty of searching for you the most expensive range.

2. Train and hire a local to wash and dry the right way for you. Of course after you machine arrives at Cargo, CNX.

3. Move to USA. You save on shipping costs.

All the best. Ignore obnoxious posts.

TB

Edited by tigerbeer

What an absolute snot. :o

post-23786-1189489783_thumb.jpg = post-23786-1189489809_thumb.jpg

post-23786-1189489827.jpg = post-23786-1189489852_thumb.jpg

To each his own! :D

McG

exactly :o

in case anyone is looking for it. especially you donnyboy, here's the link.

Borat Suit

TB

post-23786-1189489783_thumb.jpg = post-23786-1189489809_thumb.jpg

post-23786-1189489827.jpg = post-23786-1189489852_thumb.jpg

To each his own! :D

McG

exactly :o

in case anyone is looking for it. especially you donnyboy, here's the link.

Borat Suit

TB

Thanks TB for the link, as I need to add to my wardrobe, cause its full of cargo pants and tee shirts. :D

I'd like a place that is open 24 hours like that place to use for emergencies like today when all my clothes seem to be dirty.
Some of my clothes are very expensive and I prefer to have them handled by professionals or myself.

what a strange post.

you would think that someone who wears expensive clothes and appears to be somewhat obsessive about caring for them would not allow himself to run out of clean clothes.

machine washing and hor air drying will gradually ruin expensive stuff anyway.

dry cleaning or hand washing and drying in the open air is the way to go surely.

Plus, my wardrobe doesn't only consist of cargo pants and t-shirts like alot of you

probably a big girls blouse in their somewhere then.

Edited by taxexile

you mean like this :D

Careful Donnyboy, I can see pink there. :D

Back on topic, there was one called American Laundromat on Huay Kaew Road towards the university. Was some time ago so don't know if it still exists.

Thanks poster. An actual legitimate reply. This place fits the mold but is only open until 5pm each day. Their machines are pretty decent though and I never found the drying time to be to bad. Thanks again for the reply.

.....and to all of you posters that are taking offense to my comment on cargo shorts and t-shirts. LEARN TO TAKE A JOKE! IMO it is true and I do see alot of farang walking around the streets of Chiang Mai looking like they rolled out of bed and slapped on the first thing they found on the floor before they went out the door I'm not one to judge and I certainly didn't want to come off as conceited :o I was just dishing out what I seem to be getting.

The first four or five replies to my original post seemed to be cracking on me,........As if to use washers or dryers or even do something yourself here in Thailand that can be done by someone else is such a f'ing crime. In the future, I'll stick to posting on the Thai visa and immigration forums where my questions actually get answered as many of you seem to have far to much time on your hands. Peace.

Back on topic, there was one called American Laundromat on Huay Kaew Road towards the university. Was some time ago so don't know if it still exists.

Thanks poster. An actual legitimate reply. This place fits the mold but is only open until 5pm each day. Their machines are pretty decent though and I never found the drying time to be to bad. Thanks again for the reply.

.....and to all of you posters that are taking offense to my comment on cargo shorts and t-shirts. LEARN TO TAKE A JOKE! IMO it is true and I do see alot of farang walking around the streets of Chiang Mai looking like they rolled out of bed and slapped on the first thing they found on the floor before they went out the door I'm not one to judge and I certainly didn't want to come off as conceited :o I was just dishing out what I seem to be getting.

The first four or five replies to my original post seemed to be cracking on me,........As if to use washers or dryers or even do something yourself here in Thailand that can be done by someone else is such a f'ing crime. In the future, I'll stick to posting on the Thai visa and immigration forums where my questions actually get answered as many of you seem to have far to much time on your hands. Peace.

Borat's suit.

hurry hurry. only 5 days 10 hours remaining.

TB

No worries, mate. This can be a pretty tough crowd. Your original question was pretty legit, but you threw petrol on the fire with the "cargo pants/t-shirt" comment. I think what it might be hard for you to imagine, in cyberspace, is that quite a lot of us (nae, maybe almost ALL of us) were wearing immaculate business dress, or in Tigerbeers's case, silk pantaloons with gems as big as hen's eggs and a jewel-encrusted scimitar, DECADES ago. I was a clothes horse, once. I still have a closet full of suits, slacks, silk shirts, Italian shoes, etc. back in the land of No Smiles. Peace be with you, my brotha...... :D

McG

.....and to all of you posters that are taking offense to my comment on cargo shorts and t-shirts. LEARN TO TAKE A JOKE! IMO it is true and I do see alot of farang walking around the streets of Chiang Mai looking like they rolled out of bed and slapped on the first thing they found on the floor before they went out the door I'm not one to judge and I certainly didn't want to come off as conceited :D I was just dishing out what I seem to be getting.

:o

I think what it might be hard for you to imagine, in cyberspace, is that quite a lot of us (nae, maybe almost ALL of us) were wearing immaculate business dress, or in Tigerbeers's case, silk pantaloons with gems as big as hen's eggs and a jewel-encrusted scimitar,

McG

ahhh the good old days when we used to dress like this informally of course:

74291rajputattirebundi1gx3.jpg

but lived a live full of wonderful moments:

tantratshirtskamasutra1he8.jpg

and now times have changed to this:

9dec1gl7.jpg

Hence the OP's concern of washing and drying clothes professionally.

Peace to one and all.

TB..

Edited by tigerbeer