Change Visa Type To Visa Based On Marraige To A Thai National.

I have been on a non immigrant B visa for many years based on investing 3m+ into a new condo development and was indeed lucky enough to be grand fathered in and obtained a new visa in late December 06 which is set to expire in January 08.

I realize I was lucky last time around (visa was issued at Jomtien Immigration office). When I reapply for an extension in December should I not be so fortunate I would like to perhaps switch visa class for a visa based on marriage with a Thai national.

My quandary is that part of the criteria is that you have to show taxed income. I do not work. I have different income sources all of them tax exempt. I am officially UK non resident for tax purposes. I am able to adequately demonstrate that I fit the financial requirement by both deposits in the UK and transfers each month to Thailand. If I take this documentation to the embassy (I am given to understand that the embassy need to issue a letter) will the fact that I do not have an employer or have a taxable income be a hindrance. Thanks.

This is a topic of great interest to me, as I too am married to a Thai, have no pension or foreign income. I do have income in Thailand and can show tax paid ect. But am am looking for ways to simplify the documentation required.

There seems to be a chance (reading between the lines :o ) that activity in Thai bankbook may (I say MAY) be considered as proof of income by a more 'relaxed' Immigration Officer. Having at least 40,000 baht deposited each month into the joint bank book over at least 3 months, or more.

Am I dreaming here :D or does anyone think this idea is viable.

The requirement for foreign income is Embassy letter. What the Embassy requires will vary so you need to directly ask them.

The requirement for local income is tax payments (at least three months). I do not believe other evidence is currently accepted.

There seems to be a chance (reading between the lines :D ) that activity in Thai bankbook may (I say MAY) be considered as proof of income by a more 'relaxed' Immigration Officer. Having at least 40,000 baht depd each month into the joint bank book over at least 3 months, or more.

Am I dreaming here :D or does anyone think this idea is viable.

Oh well...... guess my dream ain't going to come true :o