How Will Thaksin Shinawatra Be Remembered ?

mark100

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Remembered as a great person with vision --- Buddha

Remembered as a corrupt person who abused power--J.Edgar Hoover!

My guess is that he will be remembered as a great person. I think his populist policies will endear him to a great number of people and misdeeds will be put out of their minds.

Remember in the Philippines Imelda Marcos is still widely admired.

I think on this Forum he is envied by many Farangs who just cannot accept that a Thai Guy can become a Billionaire, and they can't. :o

agree totally ,anyone who can amass that kind of wealth (fair or not) has to be one clever man ..........

I think on this Forum he is envied by many Farangs who just cannot accept that a Thai Guy can become a Billionaire, and they can't. :o

That statement is ironic considering that Thaskin used his financial power to cover up his crimes.

Edited by Grover

I think he'll be remembered as someone with a keen insight of human greed. Who could use it very well to further his own interests. Whether it be the sycophantic toadies who enriched themselves (and him) under his political regime, or the western football "fans", who just want to see the money, with little regard for how it was "earned".

I think he'll be remembered as someone with a keen insight of human greed. Who could use it very well to further his own interests. Whether it be the sycophantic toadies who enriched themselves (and him) under his political regime, or the western football "fans", who just want to see the money, with little regard for how it was "earned".

In the UK you have to pass a good persons test to buy a football club, obviously killing 3,000 people does'nt come into this !!

That statement is ironic considering that Thaskin used his financial power to cover up his crimes.

And of course Mr Groover, you wouldn't take advantage of your position to better yourself financially.

Don't see too many poor politicians in The West, I doubt that US senators are queueing up for foodstamps, but that's acceptable to Farangs, it's a Thai guy who's a Billionaire that is unacceptable to many Farangs, especially now he lives in UK and has purchased a Football Club. Probably owns a Dream House and an Apartment in Kensington, whilst Farangs in Thailand have to jump through hoops just to stay legal. This really pizzes them off!

Good luck to Thaksin and i'm quite certain that if any of you ever got to run a country, you'd also feather your own nest.

Then again , ThaiVisa Forum members are amongst the most upstanding citizens on Earth, so maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by Maigo6

I think his story (and political career) isn't over yet, but he should be remembered as a charismatic leader with a vision and a clear mandate to lead his country forwards, but messed it up through his own greed, ego, and megalomania. Happens to the best of us... :o