Baby Monitors?

technocracy

Maybe a strange question but I've not actually looked around for them yet - so I thought I query people who might of bought some already. I know most folks in Thailand have the babies in there rooms until some rediculous age so I don't think there is a big market for the locals!

If they are available where can you get them? Does Big C or Tesco have them?

TIA :o

Central Department Store?? Never heard of it! Where do they have branches near to Udon would be helpful - as we there each month for check ups.

Central is the largest and oldest department store chain in Thailand. Not sure if they have them upcountry, but chances are if you want anything remotely "international" you'll have to come to Bangkok to get it.

Central is the largest and oldest department store chain in Thailand. Not sure if they have them upcountry

Won't be of much use to the OP I'm afraid, but there is a Central Department Store in Phuket.

Hmm well I guess I'll just have to have a scavenge around in Udon - I think if I recall rightly from my last visit to Udon they might be starting construction on a Central Dept Store.

I've never heard of them as I don't live in Thailand! :o

Cheers all for the advice - if all fails I'll get them when I pass through BKK next time. :D

Yes, Central has them. I remember when I was looking last year, however, that they were a bit pricey (the ones I saw there started around 6,000 baht).

I ended up going with one from the baby/child store at Samitivej Hospital - Sukhumvit Branch on Sukhumvit 49 (on the ground floor of the main building). At this little shop they had the standard monitor which I went with for 2,100 baht (comprable to what I saw at Central) and they also had a video monitor for 6,000 baht. I've been using it now for a while and have no complaints.

Also agree that you'll probably need to get to a bigger city to get this type of item. Or can check the online classifieds to see if some farang family is selling theirs (the BAMBI website has them every so often in their classifieds, and you can usually negotiate with sellers to mail you reasonably small items if you're outside of BKK).

Yes, Central has them. I remember when I was looking last year, however, that they were a bit pricey (the ones I saw there started around 6,000 baht).

I ended up going with one from the baby/child store at Samitivej Hospital - Sukhumvit Branch on Sukhumvit 49 (on the ground floor of the main building). At this little shop they had the standard monitor which I went with for 2,100 baht (comprable to what I saw at Central) and they also had a video monitor for 6,000 baht. I've been using it now for a while and have no complaints.

Also agree that you'll probably need to get to a bigger city to get this type of item. Or can check the online classifieds to see if some farang family is selling theirs (the BAMBI website has them every so often in their classifieds, and you can usually negotiate with sellers to mail you reasonably small items if you're outside of BKK).

keeping lizards is cruel

keeping lizards is cruel

Ratchabuild - what?

Niranut - cheers for that - I am gonna wait til I visit Bangkok and nip down to that store. But then again I might be in Bahrain next month so I'll have a look around there. :o