Do Pattaya Hotels/condos Have A Noise Ordinance?

piker

I used to live in a condo overlooking the Jomtien police station. There were loud beach parties until sunrise just a few meters from the police station. I never once opted to complain figuring nothing would come of it and just maybe, it was a few on or off duty police as part of the revelry.

Now I live in a condo undergoing major construction. The farang manager enforces a quiet period from before 11am and after 5pm which I find reasonable. He gives his business card to everyone and is very dilligent when condo "security" fail to stop the various construction crews who march in daily at the crack of dawn with their drills. Sigh.

I used to live in a condo overlooking the Jomtien police station. There were loud beach parties until sunrise just a few meters from the police station. I never once opted to complain figuring nothing would come of it and just maybe, it was a few on or off duty police as part of the revelry.

Now I live in a condo undergoing major construction. The farang manager enforces a quiet period from before 11am and after 5pm which I find reasonable. He gives his business card to everyone and is very dilligent when condo "security" fail to stop the various construction crews who march in daily at the crack of dawn with their drills. Sigh.

Working restricted from 11.0am to 5pm weekdays only is also enforced in my condo block in Chiang mai so it must be a national law - so up to you to complain if it is contravened. I also understand that condo dwellers can only complain about work going on in their own blocks - not in other blocks or on the streets, although revellers might be different. But this is Thailand - Thais seldom complain and I think I know why.

They're constructing an apartment building on the opposite side of the road from where I live. In the early stages of construction last year they were pouring concrete and even using jackhammers after 11pm even on Sundays.

Obviously the owners must be Thai, because my landlord is Farang and ran into trouble with council because someone complained about noise from constuction at 8:30 am a few blocks away from there.

Edited by tropo

• 2 years later...
call 1337 and complain

if you can make yourself heard above the noise. :)

Construction noise is bad enough but at least you know there'll be an end to it.

Boom box noise from karaokes and nightclubs is worse because, often as not, the establishments are owned by those who are supposed to uphold the regulations and goes on ad infinitum.

• 5 months later...