Exchanging Thai Baht To Philippines Peso In Cebu

pattyboy

I'll be going to Cebu, Philippines near the end of the year for a short vacation, and I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with exchanging Thai baht for Philippines pesos there. Can it be easily done, or would I be better off to convert baht to a more global currency like $US, GBP or euros before going?

I'll be going to Cebu, Philippines near the end of the year for a short vacation, and I was wondering if anybody has had any experience with exchanging Thai baht for Philippines pesos there. Can it be easily done, or would I be better off to convert baht to a more global currency like $US, GBP or euros before going?

if you've got usd it much better..........

if you've got usd it much better..........

Thanks for the reply, lazeeboy.

Were your Thai baht simply refused at banks/currency exchange counters when you were in Cebu, or was it more a problem of finding these types of places that would exchange baht? I don't have $US here in Thailand, and if I exchange baht to $US at a Thai bank before going, it will be more expensive than just grabbing a bunch of baht from the ATM before going (due to playing 2 transaction fees -- one here and one there).

Check out this very old (2001) link. May not be relevant anymore. Maybe you could call a bank over there. Or maybe ask a hotel for the baht exchange rate and a dollar exchange rate and then kinda guess what a money changer would give you.

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/MoneyinthePhilippines.shtml

The dollar is so easy to change there that I saw a place that would exchange US coins. Didn't go over to ask what the rate was, but it was amazing they did that.

Bring US dollars - that's what I did last week at Mactan Cebu Airport.

FWIW, they were giving 45 pesos to a dollar. You can compare the rates accordingly.

Also, it's good to have some US dollars around in the PH, some places do trade in USD.