Getting married in thailand

I will be moving to Pattaya the end of July, and getting married to a Thai national in the middle of August. What i want to know is if i come in with a 60 day tourist visa in my passport, can i apply for an O visa for support of a thai family at the Pattaya immigration office, or do i have to go to the Thai embassy in Cambodia? BTW i am an american from Los Angeles.

The class O visa is based on your marriage and does not require support.  The extension of this visa inside Thailand would require the support proof.  As to change of tourist visa to non immigrant inside Thailand it is not likely.  Most likely you would be required to exit and apply at a consulate along with the marriage certificate as the basis.  They might also require a copy of her ID card.  You could ask about a class O visa at the LA Consulate but they are not likely to issue it.  If the finance writes a letter outlining pending marriage it might help.  But in any case a trip to obtain later is not a big deal.

Totally correct Lopburi 3, and as you say to aquire the non O is only a border away. I usually go to Penang, very easy, copy of marriage certificate ID copy of wife. You can apply for either a 12 month multiple entry or a 3 month one entry. after that its as you say, proof of support for extention. I think it still stands at 200.000 Baht in a Thai bank ??? or proof of pension being Paid from outside of Thailand. Not sure of the monthly sum of money, its not a huge amount :laugh: