Travel From Thailand To Vietnam

ELLHNAS

Hello,

I am trying to find the best way to travel to Hanoi or Ho Chi Mihn from Bangkok. I do not want to fly. I would rather travel through Cambodia.by bus or other way of transport. I tried looking at the map and I am not sure whether it is better to go through Siem Reap or Pnom Penh or another way that I am not aware of. My plan is to travel to Cambodia, stay overnight and then continue with my trip to Vietnam. Any tips are very welcome.

Thank you.

Edited by ELLHNAS

Suggest you travel by bus first from Bangkok to Siem Rep, then continue by bus or change to a boat down south to Phnom Penh and from there either by bus straight to HCMC.

Or, depending on your schedule continue by boat down Mekong to Chau Doc in Vietnam. Then take a bus from there to HCMC. Either way is good, but can recommend boat trip, especially from PP to Chau Doc, great experience!

Stay overnight at Victoria Hotel in Chau Doc, nice place to relax and unwind.

Cheers!

Edited by B-BOY

Suggest you travel by bus first from Bangkok to Siem Rep, then continue by bus or change to a boat down south to Phnom Penh and from there either by bus straight to HCMC.

Or, depending on your schedule continue by boat down Mekong to Chau Doc in Vietnam. Then take a bus from there to HCMC. Either way is good, but can recommend boat trip, especially from PP to Chau Doc, great experience!

Stay overnight at Victoria Hotel in Chau Doc, nice place to relax and unwind.

Cheers!

Thanks for the very informative post. The boat trip sounds great. I am trying to find more info on the internet and it seems that there could be another way through Laos as well. Getting from BKK to Vientiane is pretty starightforward through Nong Khai but I was wondering if there is any bus from Vientiane to Hanoi?

Edited by ELLHNAS