Land Prices In Prachinburi

Does anybody have an idea of prices per rai in Prachinburi? Something with services, doesn't have to be close to a large town or village. Preferably fairly close to Kao Yai and with some nice trees and water.

I know it sounds a bit vague, just looking for ballpark figures.

I do not know the area, but I do find that the Thai Banks’ listing stock of Non Performing Assets a useful guide.

A quick search for Prachinbur with Kasikorn (Thai Farmers) Bank retrieves 5 pages of assets.

http://www.kasikornbank.com/PropertyForSal...p;x=46&y=12

Reference number 01-88-07620 is 1 rai precisely and is priced at 140,000 baht; however these pages do not offer info on the availabity of utilities etc. You will need to speak with the concerned bank if you find items of interest.

These prices should just be used as a guide only. Just like most things in Thailand, the price is most likley dictated by how much the seller needs sell, and or how badly the buyer wishes to purchase. Just as in the west, values are vary according to the availability of good access roads, proximity to a town center, surrounding neighborhoods, and environmental issues such as common flooding etc.

When buying from a bank some of the insecurity of land deals is mitigated (i.e. proof of land ownership / land size / borders etc), this of course if off-set by the in-ability to effectively barter down the asking price. (However a bid at auction of around 80% the asking price is often successful if there are no counter-offers)

Even when dealing with property purchase from a bank, I would still employ the services of a "trusted" lawyer to oversee the deal.

Good luck!