"fire Ring" Injuries In Full Moon Party

Hex

I was just wondering, I saw this video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-JakQ9rIKM

Arent like a 100 people burned or injured badly each full moon party doing this? How ######ing stupid is it to have people that are so drunk they can hardly stand on their feet, jump through a ######ing ring of fire?

looks like something i would have done at there age ... :o

That's a great part about Thailand. You can do stupic sh*t like this, but you take the responsibility for your actions. Better than facing the myriad bylaws on life in the West.

Until you need serious medical attention....once you come down off your stupid sh*t :o

That's a great part about Thailand. You can do stupic sh*t like this, but you take the responsibility for your actions. Better than facing the myriad bylaws on life in the West.

its often the innocent bystanders in thailand who suffer when idiots do "stupid sh1t".

e.g. passengers in bus queues when locals mow them down in cars

workers when profit driven bosses dont implement safety regulations

those killed by drunken drivers

passengers on overloaded ferries and buses

etc.etc.

and in thailand nobody takes responsibility for their actions. wheedling out of ones responsibility is a national pastime here.

if there was ever a country that would benefit from the stricter implementation of some laws in order to look after the welfare of its people and visitors , then it would be thailand , the country where nobody gives a sh1t..... about anything , except life within the little bubbles of comfort that surround them.

Nice rant tax, but the "innocent bystanders" in these cases are the ones choosing to jump through a ring of fire. I see it all the time, burned hair, eyebrows, etc. And in every single case the person who jumped through the ring of fire thought it was great fun and voluntarily chose to do so.

Suggest you find something else to rant on next time tax, your rant doesn't really fit the bill this time :o

there was a girl recently who did this on my beach, tried to jump through, got caught up, burned her skirt and her leg. she was furious, threatened to sue the owners of the bar for not taking responsibility. :o

there was a girl recently who did this on my beach, tried to jump through, got caught up, burned her skirt and her leg. she was furious, threatened to sue the owners of the bar for not taking responsibility. :o

Oh yeah, sue! That's a laugh!

:o The posters here are so funny. Is it just me, or do they always get their back up over stuff? Awhile back, I said that "farangs always pay" in the police bribe thread and I got bashed for dragging out the old line. Hey, when I was there, if you were involved in some accident or whatever, you just gave over some baht. Sure, not always, but most of the time.

As I said, you take care of yourself. We never wanted Western rules, because they are just that, Western. You want to jump through a ring of fire, that's your choice and they'll let you do it. You don't have a Mommy to run home and cry to for retribution. You deal with it. That's a good one, SBK, try to sue the owners.

Lots of angry people on this forum.

and in thailand nobody takes responsibility for their actions. wheedling out of ones responsibility is a national pastime here.

if there was ever a country that would benefit from the stricter implementation of some laws in order to look after the welfare of its people and visitors , then it would be thailand , the country where nobody gives a sh1t..... about anything , except life within the little bubbles of comfort that surround them.

Lots of angry people on this forum.

well they do have a point, which i learned recently on a near-disaster boat trip on a boat with no evident lifejackets. but in the case of jumping through fire hoops you can prevent an accident yourself and thus should take the responsibility if you don't do so.

Wow; I'd like to try that. Actually looks pretty cool. Probably too old for that now; beer belly may catch on the bottom of the ring.

Wish I'd seen that when I was younger. :o

I mean, really; how burned could you get if things went wrong...........not very and it would be a good souvenir of your trip to Thailand.

Ever seen the fire jugglers on Koh Samet, I've seen them with some pretty good burns.

jumping through fire is a choice you make, too bad for you if it goes wrong. a few years back new years parties used to have hundreds of idiots with fireworks lighting them off at midnight.

the number of people nailed by a stray roman candle ball was insane. that was not volitional.

it seems to have been controlled lately, though i rarely see haadrin until the backyard opens these days.

Edited by t.s

I was just wondering, I saw this video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-JakQ9rIKM

Arent like a 100 people burned or injured badly each full moon party doing this? How ######ing stupid is it to have people that are so drunk they can hardly stand on their feet, jump through a ######ing ring of fire?

i did it about 5 years ago with a broken arm. guess what itr made it worse. funny thing is my mate did it the foloowing party and he broke his wriste.

lovit

• 3 weeks later...

Every fire ring operator must hold a safety certificate that fully complies to health and safety rules.This certificates is valid for 1 year and must be re-applyied for each year.Any members of the public who wish to use the fire ring must sign a statement declaring he is jumping of his/her own choice and at his/her own risk.Each fire ring operator must have at least 2 first aid assistants on standby at all times,equipped with fire extinguisher and medical equipment for treating burns.Any fire ring operator who is found to be in breach of these rules can face fines of up to 50,000 baht. :o

• 2 months later...

Just saw this video, What a pack of **edited for content*** you all are.

Try running with the bulls at Pampolona with 20 beers in you,

now thats exciting and it sure sobers you up real quick.

And yes i was an idiot but that was 15 years ago when i was an idiot.

But i would jump through that everyday and twice on sunday tomorrow, does that make sense?

i did it about 5 years ago with a broken arm. guess what itr made it worse. funny thing is my mate did it the foloowing party and he broke his wriste.

lovit

Way to go BigC your the man MAN

Pampolona is on this year lets do it.

Nice rant tax, but the "innocent bystanders" in these cases are the ones choosing to jump through a ring of fire. I see it all the time, burned hair, eyebrows, etc. And in every single case the person who jumped through the ring of fire thought it was great fun and voluntarily chose to do so.

Suggest you find something else to rant on next time tax, your rant doesn't really fit the bill this time :o

would you also condone these people if they choose to ride a motorbike in same druken state, or would you not advice them they may injure themselves.

would you also condone these people if they choose to ride a motorbike in same druken state, or would you not advice them they may injure themselves.

What are you talking about?What comparison is there?What people do in a private function is up to them,being bungee jumping,base jumping or going through a fire hoop.They do not endanger the public .It's their choice.

Riding a motorbike drunk has nothing to do with it.

thailand , the country where nobody gives a sh1t..... about anything

That's probably why a lot of us enjoy living here.

Where I come from it's overregulated. Everybody is bored. Life is dull.

Yup, like reglations that say no dumping of toxic chemicals near well water or aquifiers or responsible disposal of medical waste (take a guess where it ends up in most places). Those unregulated petrol vendors you see selling on the street, guess where the runoff goes? Another benefit of the non enforcement environment is the limited enforcement of contagious disease protocols. Got contagious TB? no problem, they trust that you'll find a way to support yourself and pay for the meds without bringing yourself into contact with others. Having a reliable financial services system in most regulated economies means not having to worry about bank collapses or unscrupulous investment scams 24/7.

I don't have kids and am not planning on having any soon, benefit from a self contained water supply and usually live within a secured compound with barriers and security sufficient to keep the unwashed masses away from me with their contagious diseases. I have a guaranteed income and can go home anytime, since I still pay taxes to my home country. Most residents don't have those luxuries and I reckon some enforced regulations would benefit them.

thailand , the country where nobody gives a sh1t..... about anything

That's probably why a lot of us enjoy living here.

Where I come from it's overregulated. Everybody is bored. Life is dull.

Yup, like reglations that say no dumping of toxic chemicals near well water or aquifiers or responsible disposal of medical waste (take a guess where it ends up in most places). Those unregulated petrol vendors you see selling on the street, guess where the runoff goes? Another benefit of the non enforcement environment is the limited enforcement of contagious disease protocols. Got contagious TB? no problem, they trust that you'll find a way to support yourself and pay for the meds without bringing yourself into contact with others. Having a reliable financial services system in most regulated economies means not having to worry about bank collapses or unscrupulous investment scams 24/7.

I don't have kids and am not planning on having any soon, benefit from a self contained water supply and usually live within a secured compound with barriers and security sufficient to keep the unwashed masses away from me with their contagious diseases. I have a guaranteed income and can go home anytime, since I still pay taxes to my home country. Most residents don't have those luxuries and I reckon some enforced regulations would benefit them.

Thank God you are not having kids. :o

Edited by Rooo