"fire Ring" Injuries In Full Moon Party

Hex

How ######ing stupid is it to have people that are so drunk they can hardly stand on their feet, jump through a ######ing ring of fire?
Great fun!!! :o

Darwin would be proud :D

I think the full moon party is one big ode to Darwin: broken glass all over the beach where people are walking barefoot, foreigners drunk driving motorbikes on twisty roads next to sheer cliffs, people scaling rock faces next to the ocean while high on mushrooms. Jumping through fire while drunk is just a drop in the bucket. ;-P

I was just wondering, I saw this video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-JakQ9rIKM

Arent like a 100 people burned or injured badly each full moon party doing this? How ######ing stupid is it to have people that are so drunk they can hardly stand on their feet, jump through a ######ing ring of fire?

o the perso

don't get drunk and jump throigh rings of fire then. people get themselves drunk. people don't make people drunk. it is up to the person. like riding motor cross. chance of accident is high. let people hurt themselves. it is thier body. i had 8 muay thai fights. hard to get through 1 of those with gettong mashed and i will do it again. ha hah ahahahahahhahahahhan raaaaaaar i am a lion

Nice rant tax, but the "innocent bystanders" in these cases are the ones choosing to jump through a ring of fire. I see it all the time, burned hair, eyebrows, etc. And in every single case the person who jumped through the ring of fire thought it was great fun and voluntarily chose to do so.

Suggest you find something else to rant on next time tax, your rant doesn't really fit the bill this time :o

would you also condone these people if they choose to ride a motorbike in same druken state, or would you not advice them they may injure themselves.

What are you talking about?What comparison is there?What people do in a private function is up to them,being bungee jumping,base jumping or going through a fire hoop.They do not endanger the public .It's their choice.

Riding a motorbike drunk has nothing to do with it.

private function, there was me thinking it was a commercial event, its called common sence i would just try and talk anybody out of doing something that may injure them whilst under the infuence of drink and drugs.

i think you will find most bungees and base jumping events would not allow drunks to participate.

p.s i was not talking about anything, mearly WRITING an opinion

Edited by NALAK

Pah!!! Just seen the video.... is that it!!! Its a bloody hoola hoop these guys are jumping through with a poxy flame around it. This is hardly hardcore thrill seeking. What are some of you guys so concerned about? Its nothing.

What next? A video posted showing some floppy haired guy from Sweeden doing a bungy jump at Chweng Lake, followed by comments of 'the youth of today' and 'i bet he rides his bike without a helmet'.

To be honest, i was more impressed with the way they all managed to jump, and land with a ninja like forward roll. Someone earlier mentioned a beer belly.... my beer belly would certainly not alow me to land in such a ninja like fashion. I would prolly just belly flop on the sand.

But the actual 'ring of fire' name makes it sound way more dangerous than it is. Its nothing.

For a real thrill seeking, toe curling ring of fire, get yourself down to any of the the Indian restaurants in Chaweng and ask for a special Chicken Phall Curry. Guaranteed ring of fire which requires you to place the toilet paper in the freezer before you go to bed.

Pah!!! Just seen the video.... is that it!!! Its a bloody hoola hoop these guys are jumping through with a poxy flame around it. This is hardly hardcore thrill seeking. What are some of you guys so concerned about? Its nothing.

What next? A video posted showing some floppy haired guy from Sweeden doing a bungy jump at Chweng Lake, followed by comments of 'the youth of today' and 'i bet he rides his bike without a helmet'.

To be honest, i was more impressed with the way they all managed to jump, and land with a ninja like forward roll. Someone earlier mentioned a beer belly.... my beer belly would certainly not alow me to land in such a ninja like fashion. I would prolly just belly flop on the sand.

But the actual 'ring of fire' name makes it sound way more dangerous than it is. Its nothing.

For a real thrill seeking, toe curling ring of fire, get yourself down to any of the the Indian restaurants in Chaweng and ask for a special Chicken Phall Curry. Guaranteed ring of fire which requires you to place the toilet paper in the freezer before you go to bed.

must admit i was impressed how they all managed to perfect that dive and forward roll, for me to would be a belly flop the other side

Every fire ring operator must hold a safety certificate that fully complies to health and safety rules.This certificates is valid for 1 year and must be re-applyied for each year.Any members of the public who wish to use the fire ring must sign a statement declaring he is jumping of his/her own choice and at his/her own risk.Each fire ring operator must have at least 2 first aid assistants on standby at all times,equipped with fire extinguisher and medical equipment for treating burns.Any fire ring operator who is found to be in breach of these rules can face fines of up to 50,000 baht. :D

:o

You've obviously never done that as, I can assure you, the bog paper in the fridge/freezer does not make a jot of difference except in the very short term. Wrapping the paper round an ice cube and shoving it down the back of your pant does offer some longer term relief provided you can handle the explanations for the wet patch after. :o

That's a great part about Thailand. You can do stupic sh*t like this, but you take the responsibility for your actions. Better than facing the myriad bylaws on life in the West.

Until you need serious medical attention....once you come down off your stupid sh*t :o

And the Medical service there lacks something........ like a doctor. I've been to the hospital twice for gout tablets and both times there was no doctor apparently they attend the hospital part time, on both my visits I was dealt treated by a nurse :D

I think the full moon party is one big ode to Darwin

ha! agreed :o

i am i ring of fire pro. i have broekn 3 ribs and an arm i thought that was the point of doing it and i will do it again. i fell through the burning ring of fire and it burns it burns burns burns

I think the full moon party is one big ode to Darwin

ha! agreed :D

i am i ring of fire pro. i have broekn 3 ribs and an arm i thought that was the point of doing it and i will do it again. i fell through the burning ring of fire and it burns it burns burns burns

I'm sure there is a copyright on those lyrics somewhere. :o