Sisaket, Nearest "foodland" Option ?

Mac1

Sisaket/ Isaan area : you guys living there, please tell me :

where to find nearest Supermarket with "foreign" Beef / Burgers / Hot Dogs ?

I am a fan of Foodland, but Bangkok is too far away, so where can I find some similar food ?

Please advice, tired of Som Tam etc etc :o

I am a fan of Foodland, but Bangkok is too far away, so where can I find some similar food ?

It's been a while since was in that area but I doubt it has grown that much. I'm afraid that you'll have to get used to driving to Ubon to get your farang tastes met. You're lucky, Ubon is only about 60 kilometers. The nearest superstore to me is 150 kilometers.

Please advice, tired of Som Tam etc etc :D

It's been a while since was in that area but I doubt it has grown that much. I'm afraid that you'll have to get used to driving to Ubon to get your farang tastes met. You're lucky, Ubon is only about 60 kilometers. The nearest superstore to me is 150 kilometers.

Thanks, but Lotus and Big C dont have much to offer.

No supermarket in Isaan (KK or Korat or ?? ) who have any better ?

Guess I must travel to BKK then :o

I have been living here long time and getting well what i need from Lotus or Big C,,there is all the same that foodland has but well under footland price.

but those are in Ubon,,,

there will be Lotus in Det Udom in the near future as well,, but still under construction.

I have been living here long time and getting well what i need from Lotus or Big C,,there is all the same that foodland has but well under footland price.

but those are in Ubon,,,

there will be Lotus in Det Udom in the near future as well,, but still under construction.

I don't know what foodland you shop at, but as for prices of Farang foods, they seem to be the cheapest and carry the most stuff.I shop at Foodland in the IT Square BKK, besides 100% juice 1000ml cartons , they are cheaper then Big C or Tesco. Big C in FuturePark Rangsit. Plus they have huge amounts of different foods to pick from. Big C and tesco are boring very fast!

I think I can answer that; There are two farang supermarket/restaurant/bars in Surin, both offering an excellent supply of foods, bread, cheeses and meats. There is Nobby's in Soi Kola, who offer an excellent selection of cooked meats and sausages, leaning towards German Cusine, and there is us, The Farang Connection. For a full list of our bakery, and other produce, click onto the link at the top of the Isaan page. I think between us in Surin, you can get a far better selection than any foodland or other shop in Thailand. For instance we sell PG Tips, OXO cubes, Birds Custard Powder, Piccallili, and a few other items that are immpossible to get anywhere else. Also, between the two of us we stock around 35 foreign beers, sold at off-licence prices. Pop into Surin and check one or both of us out.

And of course we bake fresh European bread on a three or four times a week basis.

Anybody know where to buy wholewheat for making bread. I live in Ubon and making my own bread in a breadmaking-machine. Pretty good. The problem is where to buy wholewheat for making brown bread. Bought in Bangkok 5 months ago, but know i tried Macro, BigC and Lotus in Ubon but they dont have it. Long way to go to Bangkok only for buying some wholewheat.

Anybody know where to buy wholewheat for making bread. I live in Ubon and making my own bread in a breadmaking-machine. Pretty good. The problem is where to buy wholewheat for making brown bread. Bought in Bangkok 5 months ago, but know i tried Macro, BigC and Lotus in Ubon but they dont have it. Long way to go to Bangkok only for buying some wholewheat.

There are flour mills in the Isaan area where you can buy wholewheat and Rye flour, but I am not sure of any addresses. You will have to research that yourself on the internet.For my Wholewheat bread, I get my flour from Friendship in Pattaya. For my Granery/wholegrain bread, I buy Hovis bread mix imported from UK through T.I.N. trading, Bangkok. They deliver as well. PM me if you want Tony's number.

I mix the Hovis mix 50/50 with wheat flour, then add more yeast,milk and the result is fantastic.

For what it's worth, I have a good friend who has lived in Korat for about ten years. He goes all the way to Villa Market Sukhumvit in Bangkok to buy his steaks. He buys about 20 kilos at a time. I asked him if he really had to go all the way to Bangkok. He told me his steaks are important to him and that it took him about two years to get the meat manager trained to know what he liked and how he wanted them cut. His steaks look like roasts to me because they are an inch and a half thick. :o They are good though. He bought a chest type freezer especially for his steaks.

I think I can answer that; There are two farang supermarket/restaurant/bars in Surin, both offering an excellent supply of foods, bread, cheeses and meats. There is Nobby's in Soi Kola, who offer an excellent selection of cooked meats and sausages, leaning towards German Cusine, and there is us, The Farang Connection. For a full list of our bakery, and other produce, click onto the link at the top of the Isaan page. I think between us in Surin, you can get a far better selection than any foodland or other shop in Thailand. For instance we sell PG Tips, OXO cubes, Birds Custard Powder, Piccallili, and a few other items that are immpossible to get anywhere else. Also, between the two of us we stock around 35 foreign beers, sold at off-licence prices. Pop into Surin and check one or both of us out.

And of course we bake fresh European bread on a three or four times a week basis.

"ding ding"

plug in the house

Sounds to me like one of the horrebel customers martin threw out.

Horrible please...............although that word is a little insufficiant for some. Actually the guy that wrote that, was in fact a victim of these people, rather than an instigator. Someone has confessed.

I don't know if it's of any use but a Makro store opens in Sisaket today. Located on the Ubon Road just outside the city gate columns.

Correction: It doesn't open until next month, I've just been there. I was given incorrect info, my apologies.

No pete® you were right. If they say this month, of course it deosn't open till next month...........................or next year.........................or next century............................or maybe never.

Hi Mac1,

in Sisakeket is not such a place as Foodland, but Makro opens at the 17th. of October, there is also Frank's place Livin'in the Past and there yoy can get european food and you can order stuff same as porkpies , Blackpudding etc.

If you are in Sisaket visit him, he gives you also more infos about sisaket

Regards

There was talk a few years ago and rumours of carefour coming to Ubon also but I think its still a case of shopping at BigC, Tesco Lotus and Makro. Alternatively take your chance shopping for meat at the local market but personaly that's not for me the "fly stick" women put me off! Ha Ha :o