Transport From Phuket Airport To Ao Nang

khunandy

Hi all,

Due to a mistake I made with a flight booking for 6 people and a baby :o I will need to get from Phuket Airport to Ao Nang mid afternoon.

Are vans available for hire at the airport to take the group or am I better off trying to organise something from the Krabbi end?

What can I expect to pay? From memory there was a fixed rate transport desk at the airport to hotels in Patong and surrounding areas, do they also have fixed prices to Krabi?

I just need a bit of info to minimise the frustration and to fend of touts after a long day traveling. And to also not look and feel like a total idiot after the booking mistake. :D

Feel free to endorse any services/drivers that you think can be of assistance.

Thanks

Khun Andy

Can't remember the price but I'd imagine about 500 baht. Just get a taxi when you get there. Ask in the airport if you want to avoid touts

6 people and a baby in a taxi?

500 Baht for taxi Phuket/Karabi?

Plse read the topic before posting a stupid reply.

To the OP : I found following transfer service http://www.tourtalay.com/Phuket-Taxi.php I'm sure there are others.

cheers

onzestan

If this is not too late, how about one of these:

1. Taxi to bus station in town, take next air-con bus to Krabi

2. Taxi to town, drop off at Russada Pier, take next ferry directly to Ao Nang

Either would be far cheaper than getting financially raped for a taxi ride for seven people the whole way.

If this is not too late, how about one of these:

1. Taxi to bus station in town, take next air-con bus to Krabi

2. Taxi to town, drop off at Russada Pier, take next ferry directly to Ao Nang

Either would be far cheaper than getting financially raped for a taxi ride for seven people the whole way.

Taxi to the town would be 400 Baht and it would be 500 baht a person (return) for the ferry ride.

If its in the high season the trip is enjoyable in the wet season most uncomfortable and usually

requires that the boat docks off the pier and a transfer to a long tail. Also as far as I know the

boat only leaves the port between 8 and 9 am? I guess contacting a travel company like Green Travel

and hiring a mini bus for 2500 and 3000 is the best option.

Taxi to the town would be 400 Baht and it would be 500 baht a person (return) for the ferry ride.

If its in the high season the trip is enjoyable in the wet season most uncomfortable and usually

requires that the boat docks off the pier and a transfer to a long tail. Also as far as I know the

boat only leaves the port between 8 and 9 am? I guess contacting a travel company like Green Travel and hiring a mini bus for 2500 and 3000 is the best option.

Good point.

They could also just rent a car thru Budget with a pre-arranged dropoff in Krabi. Cost may even be cheaper. Then, they'd have wheels for the day, too, in case the need for any sudden errands cropped up.

Just a thought.

boat only leaves the port between 8 and 9 am? I guess contacting a travel company like Green Travel and hiring a mini bus for 2500 and 3000 is the best option.

Good point.

They could also just rent a car thru Budget with a pre-arranged dropoff in Krabi. Cost may even be cheaper. Then, they'd have wheels for the day, too, in case the need for any sudden errands cropped up.

Just a thought.

Or they could try hiring the car through the Thai Visa new car hire service........had to get that in.......need the brownie points