Health Insurance For Thailand And Usa

jakesideas

I am living in the USA but for the past few years I have been spending a few months out of each year in Thailand. When I return to the USA I usually get a job that doesn't include Health Insurance so I have to buy it here and pay month to month which as many of you know is VERY expensive. (so at the moment I am one of the 33 Mil. without, scary!) I met a guy on an airplane that lives in Arizona who claimed that he bought a health insurance plan in Thailand that also covered him in the USA. He also spent just a few months a year in Thailand but this plan covered him year-round. He said that this plan would pay for things in the USA if they were small but for bigger things it would actually pay for a flight and fly him to Thailand for treatment. Does anybody know of health insurance like this and does anybody have a plan that they can recommend? I just emailed BUPA to ask this question but I havn't recieved a reply yet. Any other sugestions besides moving to Canada (or practically any other place for that matter).

BUPA does cover you overseas, worldwide from memory, if you get their top cover, about 20K baht or so from memory (anyone with current info?) you should be able to cover most problems in the US with minimal outlay. I dont know about flying you back to BKK though, havent heard about this one. AXA also does insurance but I never asked them about their medical coverage.

There is an ad periodically in the Bangkok Post from a British Insurance Company that covers you all over the world and are therefore expenisve. I can't remember the name but the words Royal Sun Alliance come to mind.

They quoted me 12k baht a month, but I am pushing 70.