Do You Find Daytime Pattaya Depressing?

piker

Some say Pattaya is only interesting after 6:30pm when the sun goes down. First of all, the girls have come out of their 15 hour comas for feeding time, the sun has set, and there's a general buzz in the air.

I find lots to do during the day. I'm in my room with my girlfriend until noon. Then I drive her home, get some lunch, maybe walk along the beach, nap, eat, and come evening, I'm ready to eat again and find a new girlfriend. I also work every 2nd day so I'm often pulling an all nighter every 2nd night which chews up the daytime.

Some might say there's little to do and the heat and poverty is more visible by day until the beer goggles come out at night.

Some say Pattaya is only interesting after 6:30pm when the sun goes down. First of all, the girls have come out of their 15 hour comas for feeding time, the sun has set, and there's a general buzz in the air.

I find lots to do during the day. I'm in my room with my girlfriend until noon. Then I drive her home, get some lunch, maybe walk along the beach, nap, eat, and come evening, I'm ready to eat again and find a new girlfriend. I also work every 2nd day so I'm often pulling an all nighter every 2nd night which chews up the daytime.

Some might say there's little to do and the heat and poverty is more visible by day until the beer goggles come out at night.

Well, I am happy that I am more than busy with my work during the week, so I leave almost in the dark and not return before sunset.

When I go out sometimes during the weekend, the next day is wasted anyway, just sleeping and getting out to buy something to eat.

On a regular weekend, I usually ride my motorbike with my Wife, going to Jomtien, looking for new restaurants here and there, go shopping, having a cool afternoon beer. It is never that boring, we spend not too much time at home.

I would say that it is definitely important to have something to do to occupy yourself in Pattaya if you are a resident or a long-stayer, (and not in regular employment).

It is very easy to slip into a life of shallow hedonism and daytime drinking can take over.......

I always make sure I have some kind of personal project I can work on during the day.

I would say that it is definitely important to have something to do to occupy yourself in Pattaya if you are a resident or a long-stayer, (and not in regular employment).

It is very easy to slip into a life of shallow hedonism and daytime drinking can take over.......

Very much true, more than enough examples to be seen on the streets! They might even go to sleep before sunset...

In 2000 i came to patters for a holiday for 2 weeks, never saw daylight, went out at 6-30pm in at 6am, went home whiter than i came !

There are lots of gyms in Pattaya. You should consider doing some exercise 3 or 4 days a week.

Exercise is very important when you live in Asia, because there is a big tendency to get lazy with all the hot weather and bar activities. You may find life very good in Asia, but your body may not necessarily agree.

I'm sure most people who retire in Asia are giving up some life expectancy in the process.

l find being stuck in London till the end of the month depressing :o

Pattaya itself can be quite grim during the day... too much traffic, pollution and building work. But thats the only time I see it really. Me and my wife moved here a year ago from Rayong as its easier for me to go kitesurfing in Jomtien and having english speaking hospitals for our new born son. Luckily we are the other side of sukhumvit so its nice and quiet, got a pool etc.

But yes its important to have a hobby! I find with kitesurfing here I have a good group of people, both thai and farang from all different backgrounds / social levels. Get a nintendo wii too - you will find it very hard to go outside after playing one :o

still we are moving to Devon in the UK at the weekend, so had better make the most of the heat now!

I love the day bar on Soi 3

Heiny on tap a frosted nug with each drink

good music

and plenty of girls!

I love the day bar on Soi 3

Heiny on tap a frosted nug with each drink

good music

and plenty of girls!

I'm not sure how anyone could get bored in Pattaya / Jomtien-- there is always something to do,

Golf / Go-karts / beach / Islands just across the water / Oh and all the bars and girls,

There are just as many good watering holes in the day time as there is in the night time.

Some are a little out of the way, which is a good thing :o

I find it depressing that there are actually people who agree with the subject of this post.

I always make sure I have some kind of personal project I can work on during the day.

I can't wait!

I spend a lot of time ........... watching Fox News, ......................... Never feel depressed or bored! :o

If anything can depress you, it's the neo-cons on Fox News threatening WW III over Iran and saying Dubya is God.

When I'm home I get up early - when the kids are getting ready for school, stroll over to Crazy Dave's for brekkie (that's about 3km), drop in to an Internet cafe and spend an hour on-line.

Stroll back to Caddy Shack for lunch - down to Tukcom to see if there's anything I need to take back to Saudi, catch a sawng-thaew down Second Road and go through RGP to Swensons for an ice-cream dessert. Look in Bookazine to see if there's anything I need to take back.

Drop in to Tahitian Queen for a coldie (and the music) and stroll back home.

Every second or third day I walk down to the beach for the day.

Always back for when the kids come out of school, then home.

Simple life, but very relaxing after the stresses of three months in Sandland.

I have hardly ever seen Pattaya after that time. Well, maybe not after 7:30, that's when we are back from Carefour.

To me, Pattaya is what it is in daylight and I have never found it boring or depressing.

I have hardly ever seen Pattaya after that time. Well, maybe not after 7:30, that's when we are back from Carefour.

To me, Pattaya is what it is in daylight and I have never found it boring or depressing.

I've never found Pattaya boring during the day or the evening. TYpical day/evening: I get up early, water the garden, followed by a swim, then brekkie. Often pop into town after that to pick up a few things, and maybe have lunch there. Might go fishing sometimes,do a little work on my website, read a book and swim later again in the afternoon, followed by a little nap maybe. Might cook dinner at home or go out for din dins, potentially have friends round for a bbq, or a few beers down the local and a game of darts. Might all sound a bit 'old man-ish' but it suits me fine.

The place is what you make it.

JJ

pattaya is not depressing, some of the sights are !

I've never found Pattaya boring during the day or the evening. TYpical day/evening: I get up early, water the garden, followed by a swim, then brekkie. Often pop into town after that to pick up a few things, and maybe have lunch there. Might go fishing sometimes,do a little work on my website, read a book and swim later again in the afternoon, followed by a little nap maybe. Might cook dinner at home or go out for din dins, potentially have friends round for a bbq, or a few beers down the local and a game of darts. Might all sound a bit 'old man-ish' but it suits me fine.

JJ

I should have added I never find day time Pattaya boring

JJ

I should have added I never find day time Pattaya boring

Whoops.... get with the programme JJ... Didn't mean to imply that night time Pattaya is boring either.. Guess I'll shut up now.It's for the best.

I feel it's the extreme opposite. During the day it's the "normal" people you see around, at night all the cockroaches comes out. Much more depressing at night!!