Crackdown On Thai Karaoke Girls

george

Strangely, I sort of agree with this. Next to Foodland, Lad Phrao there is a newly-opened karaoke joint with all these dolly birds hanging around outside from about 7:30. It seems really out of place as it's a main road packed with traffic in a residential area and not in any way a red light area. I don't know but it feels like very much the wrong location.

Well, those girls can certainly be a traffic hazard. :o

I'd be interested to see how they word the law. So a couple of girls on their break (surely they get a paid 10 minute break for every 4 hours of work!), go outside, sit down and have a cigarette. They can then be arrested, right?

Or your Mrs. goes out with you and decides to wait outside while you finish your last song. She get's arrested.

I think I'll open up a gay karoke club--the boys can sit outside!

ever notice the girls outside are beautiful ,go inside and they look like dogs .......

In western countries, we call that "bait and switch". :o

Or your Mrs. goes out with you and decides to wait outside while you finish your last song. She get's arrested.

Notice they say that she'd only get arrested if she wears something 'provocative'. What is provocative though? I see women in Europe wearing less while going shopping than some of the women wear here in GoGo bars. In other countries, 'provocative' could be anything that is a bit less than a burka. :D

Edited by rainman

ever notice the girls outside are beautiful ,go inside and they look like dogs .......

Notice they say that she'd only get arrested if she wears something 'provocative'. What is provocative though? I see women in Europe wearing less while going shopping than some of the women wear here in GoGo bars. In other countries, 'provocative' could be anything that is a bit less than a burka. :D

not so appealing if the girls are wearing raincoats and wellies is it ... :D

not so appealing if the girls are wearing raincoats and wellies is it ... :D

It is if you're into 'watersports'.

I thought we wre talking about Thai Karaoke bars not Irish :D

when will we see a crackdown on insipid Thai music?

Calling Thai pop songs music is like calling sugar and margarine on white bread - a sandwich.

The two main requirements for being a popular singer in Thailand are;

1. you got to be very cute

2. you can't be over 22 years old.

after 22, forget it, you're too old, you're put out to pasture. There are always newer, younger, fresher faces ready to step up to the mike. Can they sing? Who cares! Ability to sing is non-issue. Even if they could sing, there is a dearth of decent song material, so it's a moot point.

Like other countries, Thailand imports Brazilians to manage their football teams. It needs to import some Brazilians (and Cubans) to improve their music scene.

there, thanks for letting me rant. Now I can get back to my Sonny Rollins.

Edited by brahmburgers

Not sure that I'd entirely agree with this, as after 6 months in the good old Yemen Arab Republic, I used to find a pair of dark kohl-rimmed eyes in a gold fringed burka awfully 'moving' ! :D