Finance Letter

pontious

Morning all,

Before I telephone him, has anyone got the required letter stating Baht 65000 etc a month for extension to get a retirement visa from the UK Consul in CM. If yes, is there a charge ? (Phuket consul does it for free) I am hoping I dont have to travel to BKK just for a piece of paper.

P :o

Morning all,

Before I telephone him, has anyone got the required letter stating Baht 65000 etc a month for extension to get a retirement visa from the UK Consul in CM. If yes, is there a charge ? (Phuket consul does it for free) I am hoping I dont have to travel to BKK just for a piece of paper.

P :o

I thought (maybe wrongly) a retirement visa (over 50) was 400,000 in a Thai bank account for minimum 3 months ? and nothing to do with income based visa which needs consul confimation letter and minimum 40,000 a month if under 50.

I am under 50 and married to Thai and only have the income option to qualify me for my non "o" with salary coming from the uk, the money in the bank wasnt an option, so not 100% sure about retirement visa requirements, but from posts i have read in visa section on here i thought was the bank balance and not income was the requirement for retirement visa.

In answer to your question yes the Uk Consul in Chaing Mai can give you the proof of income letter (with correct documentation) at a charge of 1,700 ish baht.

I thought (maybe wrongly) a retirement visa (over 50) was 400,000 in a Thai bank account for minimum 3 months ? and nothing to do with income based visa which needs consul confimation letter and minimum 40,000 a month if under 50.

Yes, this is wrong. The retirement (monetary) requirement is either 800,000 Baht in a bank (for a minimum of three months) or a confirmed income of 65,000 Baht/month or a combination thereof. The 40,000 Baht/month (joint) income is the requirement for a marriage visa, if I am not mistaken.

/ Priceless