Hotel Next To English Embassy

scotty123456789

Hi, im wanting to know if anyone knows of a hotel in bangkok next to the english embassy?

Ive heard there is one right next to the embassy, if so does anyone know the name of it?

Or if not, does anyone know of a hotel closest to the english embassy?

Thanks all....

Scotty...

Holiday Mansion is directly opposite the Embassy - if you get a room with a road view you actually overlook the embassy.

Decent hotel as well . . . but the food on the room service is a bit ropey!

Hi, im wanting to know if anyone knows of a hotel in bangkok next to the english embassy?

Ive heard there is one right next to the embassy, if so does anyone know the name of it?

Or if not, does anyone know of a hotel closest to the english embassy?

Thanks all....

Scotty...

I don't know the name of the hotel, but I do know the name of the embassy. It's called the "BRITISH" Embassy.

And you call yourself Scotty???

From the map , the hotel next to British Embassy is Nai Lert Park (A Raffles International Hotel), Bangkok

bangkok-new4,0.gif

However, there are 5 hotels on Pleonchit road where are not so far from the embassy.

Arnoma Hotel

Four Seasons Hotel

Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel

Holiday Inn Chitlom

Intercontinental Hotel

ahem . . . the hotel DIRECTLY over the road from the Embassy is the Holiday Mansion . . . far cheaper (and still decent quality) than any of the above mentioned Internationals! :o

It does depend though if you want to be near to the actual embassy or the 'new' visa section? Since the last time we stayed at the Holiday Mansion the visa section was still part of the embassy.

I dunno of any down near the Visa place. . .

Edit. . . WALKING DISTANCE!!!! Yeah if you've got 30-40 minutes spare yeah . . personally I'd use the Skytrain.

Edited by technocracy

Just checked out some of the hotels people mentioned, bit pricey :o .

Does anyone know of any other hotels close to the embassy? i only want a couple of nights for around 2000baht a night, double room.

Cheers all..

Sorry can't help with the Hotels, but the Embassy is only 5 minutes walk from the nearest Skytrain..........

FWIW I also refer to it as the English Embassy, cos' "Britain" is not a country, it is just an English administrative term for "England and it's neighbouring Colonies".

Just checked out some of the hotels people mentioned, bit pricey :o .

Does anyone know of any other hotels close to the embassy? i only want a couple of nights for around 2000baht a night, double room.

Cheers all..

Have you checked the Holiday Mansion, Wireless Road as I said before this is directly opposite the Embassy. I've just had a very quick look around and there rooms are around $60 (2000-ish baht)

• 2 weeks later...
Now that is SOME reply from Bambina ! but Scotty you do know that you dont submit your wifes visa application at the British Embassy. You must submit at the UK Visa Application Centre also shown on Bambinas map. All within walking distance anyway

I don't see the need to stay so close to the Embassy. As other posters have said - it's close to the skytrain and there are always taxis, tuk tuks, motorcycles and buses.

Everyone has their own definition of walking distance; I've walked from the Amari Atrium to Silom Road several times. Time, fitness and perhaps madness are the major factors.

If you book your hotel from overseas (and book before peak season comes into swing) you should be able to get the Asia hotel (along the skytrain and just a short hop to the British Embassy) for around 2000 baht per night. If you try to purchase a room at the Asia off the street in Thailand they want a lot more though. The Asia is on Phayathai Rd, not far from MBK, and the skytrain station adjoins onto the hotel. Myself and all my relatives stayed there and they all found it incredibly easy to navigate Bangkok, given it is close to the interchange station.