One Thai Letter Missing From Vista Keyboard Layout?

BKKGuitar

I've got my Thai input language added and my language bar on the toolbar with En/Th as needed. Started actually using it today and realized that one letter is missing on the Thai keyboard layout: "s" soo ryysii (sorry about the spelling!). Is that letter not normally used in Thai typing (I doubt it!!) or is there a problem with Vista (using the "Notepad" application)?

You can see what i mean by: Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Keyboards and Languages, Change Keyboards, select Thai (if you've already added Thai), and look at Properties

Thanks!

I've got my Thai input language added and my language bar on the toolbar with En/Th as needed. Started actually using it today and realized that one letter is missing on the Thai keyboard layout: "s" soo ryysii (sorry about the spelling!). Is that letter not normally used in Thai typing (I doubt it!!) or is there a problem with Vista (using the "Notepad" application)?

You can see what i mean by: Control Panel, Regional and Language Options, Keyboards and Languages, Change Keyboards, select Thai (if you've already added Thai), and look at Properties

Thanks!

I am using Vista and ษ is [shift][า or K] on the keyboard. ฤษี. ฤษี [N] hermit; recluse. And, I typed the letter on the notepad as well. I got to thinking. Perhaps the problem is that it is difficult to see the letters on the on-screen keyboard. Under "Settings" "Font", try something like "Tahoma, bold".

Thanks!

I am using Vista and ษ is [shift][า or K] on the keyboard. ฤษี. ฤษี [N] hermit; recluse. And, I typed the letter on the notepad as well. I got to thinking. Perhaps the problem is that it is difficult to see the letters on the on-screen keyboard. Under "Settings" "Font", try something like "Tahoma, bold".

Thank you, the "shift + K" works on that.

Another problem is that the letters e, h, j, and shift + 6 keys produce nothing when typed in Thai mode. I mean no letter or mark appears on the screen at all when those keys are pressed.

I'm working on making some kind of hardcopy reference i can refer to for typing in Thai now. Wish i'd gotten one of those B175 thai keyboards at Panthip!

The "e" key in the Thai, non-shifted position is "อำ". Since this vowel cannot stand alone, clicking this key in Thai without an accompanying consonant produces no result. Try clicking "อ" then "unshifted-e" in the Thai mode. "h", "j", and the others are of a like matter "h" is "อ้"; "j" is "อ่". Also, you may wish to invoke the "Keyboard" "Enhanced Keyboard" if you have not already done so. Good luck.

BTW, I typed this in the notepad and pasted in here. Notepad works fine with the Thai keyboard.

Me too; I have been promissing myself that I would buy a Thai keyboard to plug into the USB port of my laptop too.