Strange But True ...

martynsnowman

hi to all ,

this is a true story ( i,m not just bored ) i live in PHON PHISAI 45km from nong khai ,

monday evening my wife and i were walking our dog about 18.00 same time every day along the meekong river , we see a few thai men drinking whiskey pritty drunk , we carry on walking about 30mts away we hear splash two of them want to see whose the best swimmer , :o

yes you,ve guessed it only 1 of them came back up ....... to be fair the other did go back in to look for his friend ... soon people gathered the police came few others got boats out but could not find the body any where, this time of year the river flows very fast with how much rain we,ve had , we watch for an hour or so , the police say they,ll call the next town down the river to try to find the man,

last night (tuesday ) we walk again same time they still hav,ent found the body so monks from the temple pray in the place he went in the river , then they put a small boat with a candle in it in the river off it goes into the fast flowing river but after about 30 mts the light goes out :D they mark the spot with flowt and weight this morning when light they look where light went out and sure enough the body was there .....

has any one else heard of monks doing this before ....i promise you i saw this myself and is 100% true ..

there might be a body in the river of the drunk peasants every 30 metres all along the village perimeter - the monks know how many souls they are loosing every week and treat those searches as a field exercise to scare off some gullible

hi to all ,

this is a true story ( i,m not just bored ) i live in PHON PHISAI 45km from nong khai ,

monday evening my wife and i were walking our dog about 18.00 same time every day along the meekong river , we see a few thai men drinking whiskey pritty drunk , we carry on walking about 30mts away we hear splash two of them want to see whose the best swimmer , :o

yes you,ve guessed it only 1 of them came back up ....... to be fair the other did go back in to look for his friend ... soon people gathered the police came few others got boats out but could not find the body any where, this time of year the river flows very fast with how much rain we,ve had , we watch for an hour or so , the police say they,ll call the next town down the river to try to find the man,

last night (tuesday ) we walk again same time they still hav,ent found the body so monks from the temple pray in the place he went in the river , then they put a small boat with a candle in it in the river off it goes into the fast flowing river but after about 30 mts the light goes out :D they mark the spot with flowt and weight this morning when light they look where light went out and sure enough the body was there .....

has any one else heard of monks doing this before ....i promise you i saw this myself and is 100% true ..

Reminds me of an incident in UK, two boys fell into a river people searched in vain. Then a guy in the village swore he saw the two boys walking along the river bank with an old man. Next day the bodies were pulled out of the river, the guy in the village was villified. Months later while on holiday he visited a monestary, there were several portriates of monks, one he recognised as the old man with the boys, he asked who the monk was and got the reply Adjutor patron saint of drowning men. There are more things in heaven and earth etc.

Reminds me of an incident in UK, two boys fell into a river people searched in vain. Then a guy in the village swore he saw the two boys walking along the river bank with an old man. Next day the bodies were pulled out of the river, the guy in the village was villified. Months later while on holiday he visited a monestary, there were several portriates of monks, one he recognised as the old man with the boys, he asked who the monk was and got the reply Adjutor patron saint of drowning men. There are more things in heaven and earth etc.

SPOOKY..!! :o:D

I predict that someone will post complaining about the absence of life guards and then proceed to complain about water safety in Thailand.

Water safety in Thailand is a joke, why isn't there sufficient life guards staitioned along the banks of all rivers.!

hi to all ,

monday evening my wife and i were walking our dog about 18.00 same time every day along the meekong river , we see a few thai men drinking whiskey pritty drunk , we carry on walking about 30mts away we hear splash two of them want to see whose the best swimmer , :D

But how many times on other occasions has the candle gone out and the body not been there... :o

There are no such things as 'miracles' etc. All of these events can be explained quite logically.

As for that totally absurd story about the 2 boys who drowned in a UK river & then the guy seeing a picture of a monk etc...what complete & utter rubbish!

Anybody can make up a story to fit a set of circumstances. Such a practice has been used for thousands of years by the 'powerful' to keep the masses fearful of an unseeable power. In this way, the powerful minority can keep their position & status etc.

Edited by consumerismsux

last night (tuesday ) we walk again same time they still hav,ent found the body so monks from the temple pray in the place he went in the river , then they put a small boat with a candle in it in the river off it goes into the fast flowing river but after about 30 mts the light goes out :o they mark the spot with flowt and weight this morning when light they look where light went out and sure enough the body was there .....

Simple possibility,there is an undercurrent. This could pull a person under and a light would also be put out by a quick dunking in the same place. That is if the story is true, which I doubt.