Annual Visa, Work Permit Fees From My Acct

I have had a registered company here in Thailand for about 6 years now. Allows me a work permit and one year visa without the need to visa runs. This year my acct. is asking 17000 Baht for their work related to the work permit renewal, and 20000 for their work related to the visa renewal. I don't have the previous year's costs to hand, but this strikes me as somewhat more than I have paid in the past. Are these prices in line with what others are paying, or am I being ripped off?

Further to the above, if these fees are unusually high, I would appreciate any recommendations for accountants that could handle my acct./visa/permit needs for the coming year. The firm I have been using has been good in taking care of the renewals, etc., which is not something I want to do. However, if the fees are a lot higher than I should be paying I would certainly like to look at switching to another firm at some point.

This year my acct. is asking 17000 Baht for their work related to the work permit renewal, and 20000 for their work related to the visa renewal.

The fee seems high even if its a international firm. Our legal fee is 7,800 Baht for the work permit and then in following years, we charge 3,800 Baht on the renewal. On the one year visa, it's 7,200 Baht and then 3,800 Baht for the renewal in the following years.

I must admit our fees are very low, so low that it sometimes hurts us obtain new clients. Simply sounds too good to believe. But in the long run we feel we'll set the new standard for rates. We still can make money at this level and are happy we decided to set the rates here.

We feel as our Thai paralegals don't get paid 125,000+ Baht per month or our Thai lawyers 250,000 Baht per month, so why should our clients get charge the same legal fees as the USA or Europe?

Our international firm has six experienced Thai lawyers whom are members of the Thai bar society and have a wealth of experience. We have an additional eight professionals that work with the Thai lawyers as paralegals. We welcome your business if you were interested in having our firm do the extensions.

We have an accountant service that you may also be interested in.

www.sunbeltasia.com

[email protected]

Sunbelt,

We appreciate all the free legal advice. It's a valuable service and a good busines strategy.

Your fees are indeed low from my experience, but they should be low! The services you describe are not complicated or time consuming, especially for an outfit that is set up to handle them on a routine basis.

Aloha,

Rex