Australian Woman Killed, 4 Injured In 6 Vehicle Pile-up In Bangkok Underpass

Jai Dee

I was just reading, "At least 19 Dead In Bus Accident", on another thread. Seems like an especially horrible week on the Thai roadways.

This particular news bulletin was posted on ThaiVisa more than 12 months ago.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm here since almost two years now and I've decided to get a Thai driver license 7 months ago. At that time, I wasn't aware from a point of driving, how dangerous it is sometimes to sit in a car and drive by yourself here. There are tons of idiots on the streets. At least half of them do not care at all. The rest is either braindead by default or drunk or both.

They cut your way whenever they like, they are too lazy to use the lights before they switch the lanes -- it doesn't matter whether male or female, although the bastards are more male ones.

Street rage is also a very common way to try to kick people on the streets -- mostly initiated by idiots minus brain plus alcohol. I even witnessed one where a police truck was not far away. The police didn't care at all. So, whenever you are get in a dangerous situation, try to keep cool as much as possible.

Without a drawing the description of events is kinda hard to follow/keep track off.

Sorry to hear about the Australian woman. Way too many people die needlessly in traffic here on a daily basis.

everybody drives to quick in bkk ,all wanting to overtake weather theres space or not ..........

Agreed. Poor lane disipline, little or no signaling, tailgating and excessive speed make driving in traffic a stressful business. Generaly speaking I find the worst culprits to be pick up drivers driven by employees ' on a mission '.

Without a drawing the description of events is kinda hard to follow/keep track off.

Sorry to hear about the Australian woman. Way too many people die needlessly in traffic here on a daily basis.

everybody drives to quick in bkk ,all wanting to overtake weather theres space or not ..........

Agreed. Poor lane disipline, little or no signaling, tailgating and excessive speed make driving in traffic a stressful business. Generaly speaking I find the worst culprits to be pick up drivers driven by employees ' on a mission '.

It all boils down to a total lack of training and discipline plus an absolutely none caring police force who drive as bad as the ones they are supposed to control , if they put barriers between all of the lanes , the idiots would still overtake , you know , wall of death driving . This thread will achieve absolutely nothing , the governing bodies are the only ones that can effect a change , as if they give a monkies uncle about any thing progressive in Thailand .

In avoid riding in min-vans were the driver wears more than tow good luck amulets.

In my experiences theses guys DO depend on their amulets

to clear the rod in front of them, and figure they will just be reincarnated if it goes wrong.

Yeah sure,

but what about the terrified NON buddhists in the back...

not a thought given.

My condolences to Melisa's family.

quote name='Jai Dee' date='2008-10-10 13:22:16' post='2266614']

This particular news bulletin was posted on ThaiVisa more than 12 months ago.

True, but I am allowed to agree with someone's intelligent statement;

There is no such thing as a 'Genuine' accident and accident in road collisions is a misnomer .

An accident is an unforseen and sudden event. Collisions arising from speeding, unsafe driving behaviour or vehicles kept in a poor state of repair (e.g. faulty brakes) should not be called "accidents'.

An accident is an unforseen and sudden event. Collisions arising from speeding, unsafe driving behaviour or vehicles kept in a poor state of repair (e.g. faulty brakes) should not be called "accidents'.

When you get back to work in the morning, you will see sometimes a lot of chalk drawings on the street -- the same street you left one evening before. Coincidence? No, actually, a lot of drawings you see the next morning are sometime foreseeable...

I have something that works for me in Taxi's - I tell them in Thai that " please slow down, i am in no hurry to proceed to the next life, this one is already quite good." Does the trick and puts a smile on their face.

That could be a very handy saying to know. Any chance of you (or another reader) writing it down the Thai words phonetically for us to try to remember?