Chiang Rai New Bus Station And Renovations Of Sports Stadium.

konjianghai

Hi,

Am a newbie and i wonder if any of you that live in the Amphur muang notice anything about renovations of the province sports stadium and the new bus station at Sansai?

According to Chiang Rai websites (news section) renovations of the province sports stadium with budjet of 60 millions baht to build a new soccer field ,running lanes, shooting sport ground (not sure its indoor or outdoor) and a new building for indoor sports. To finish at end of october 2007 (next month) and will continue with constructions up to year 2008 with a budjet about 100 millions baht. All together from year 2007-2008 the approximately budjet of 200 millions baht. In the future the city will also build a new swimming pool of 50 meters. For the new bus station will be build at Sansai. They already started the work at 22th of june 2007 so maybe some of you must have seen it?Constructions would be finish around april year 2009. Amphur muang cant be expanding anymore i think its a good thing. The traffic inside the town would be less then now with less air pollution and noises. The new bus station is 6 kms away from town.

Hi,

Am a newbie and i wonder if any of you that live in the Amphur muang notice anything about renovations of the province sports stadium and the new bus station at Sansai?

According to Chiang Rai websites (news section) renovations of the province sports stadium with budjet of 60 millions baht to build a new soccer field ,running lanes, shooting sport ground (not sure its indoor or outdoor) and a new building for indoor sports. To finish at end of october 2007 (next month) and will continue with constructions up to year 2008 with a budjet about 100 millions baht. All together from year 2007-2008 the approximately budjet of 200 millions baht. In the future the city will also build a new swimming pool of 50 meters. For the new bus station will be build at Sansai. They already started the work at 22th of june 2007 so maybe some of you must have seen it?Constructions would be finish around april year 2009. Amphur muang cant be expanding anymore i think its a good thing. The traffic inside the town would be less then now with less air pollution and noises. The new bus station is 6 kms away from town.

Yes, these projects were announced some time ago and though the "stadium" sports centre has progressed well, there hasn't been much progress on the new bus station.

The idea is to move all the provincial, Bangkok buses to Sansai because of the congestion of traffic in the city. This move will be very inconvenient as it is quite a way out of the city.

Also in the plan is the ''bypass''

I have to agree that it would be inconvenient for every one but the tuk tuk drivers.

I never have any problem with the "inner city congestion", I come into town on the old Chiang Mai road, cut through past the hospital and come down Jed Yod Street and park at the Wang Come hotel. From there I can walk easily to anywhere in that area. Other than at the couple of sets of traffic lights I can't recall ever being held up.

It's also relatively easy to drive through to the Super Highway if I need anything at Northern Farm or Big C.

The traffic inside the town would be less then now with less air pollution and noises. The new bus station is 6 kms away from town.

[/size][/size]

Very smart.

Instead of one bus coming into center of town with 40 passengers there will be at least 30 tuktuks coming in.

Less pollution?

Less noice?

Don´t think so!

:o:D:D

The traffic inside the town would be less then now with less air pollution and noises. The new bus station is 6 kms away from town.

[/size][/size]

Very smart.

Instead of one bus coming into center of town with 40 passengers there will be at least 30 tuktuks coming in.

Less pollution?

Less noice?

Don´t think so!

:o:D:D

Someone with a little political clout has got his eye on the old bus station land I'd imagine Sven, nice piece, centrally situated. Maybe a small shopping center with a McDonalds? Do you want fries/lies with that? :D

Thx all for the reply. As the old bus station will remain as it is i dont think there is any worry about the traffic with 'song tiaw' running in town. Not everyone who travel on busses need to pass Amphur muang. I dont think there will be much more traffic then now thats why they build this new bus station at the first place. But lets wait and see in the future okay.