Airlines From New Airport To Khon Kaen

Neeranam

Air Asia flys from Suwannabhumi Bangkok airport to Khon Kaen.

I noticed that the Air Asia website had stopped taking bookings to KK for more than the immediate future. A month or so ago I checked the prices for December, which were reasonable, but then when I tried to re-check last week I got 'Sorry there are no fares for these dates'. It was the same again today. Does this mean that the future for this route is again uncertain?

Edited by citizen33

Usually when 'sorry there are no fares for these dates' appears it means all seats are full. I just searched for dates in 2008 and flights/fares were being displayed. Try changing your dates around.

I tried many December and January dates. What 2008 dates did you try?

Edited by citizen33

as far as I know Air Asia stopped the Bkk - KK service long time ago.

they still have it on their website, but you never succeed to book any

i took Air asia the 06th of spetember 07 BKK-KK so may be all the seat are full.

the other is Thai airways from Don Muang there is 2 or flight per days.

you missed the latest news. Air Asia has opened a new route to KKC flying daily 10:00 from BKK and 11:20 from KKC

just bought a ticket for 2 people and paid the massive amount 1150 baht total

you missed the latest news. Air Asia has opened a new route to KKC flying daily 10:00 from BKK and 11:20 from KKC

just bought a ticket for 2 people and paid the massive amount 1150 baht total

This thread seems to be going round and round without posters reading what has gone before. Some of us were well aware that Air Asia revived their KK route, after discontinuing a previous venture (I think) last year. On the AA website it is possible to view flights for the immediate future and, according to the previous poster, to make bookings. However, what is puzzling is that attempts to book flights further ahead just bring up the message about 'no seats available on this date'. I just checked the website again and it seems that one can book up until the end of October but not from 1 November onwards. Now it is unlikely in the extreme, given the availability of seats for all the October dates that I tried, that non-availability from November onwards can be explained by all the seats being sold. So I ask again, does anybody know if the future of this route is once again under review and whether Air Asia has stopped taking bookings after the end of October. Specifically has anybody succeeded in buying tickets (either online or from an office) for a flight on or after November 1st 2007?

The last Air Asia flight between BKK and KKC is end of October.

They didn't have enough customers (20-30 passengers per flight)

no new route can prove itself in 2 months. Who told you the info. as it seems more that the new schedule is not updated

Thai Airlines operates Bangkok to Khonkean flights from Don Muang Airport rather than the new airport.

If you can't fly direct.....

FYI - there is a regular shuttle minibus between Don Muang and Suwannabhumi for the princely sum of 50 Baht. I understand some assume they neeed to pay '00s for a taxi.

HTH.