Where Do You Go For Manicure?

motoyen

• 2 weeks later...

If money is not an issue here theres new manicure saloon at Central World..cant remember the floor but closed to Isetan dept store.

Also theres cheap but realy nice manicure shop down at sukhumvit soi 12 right before Crepes resto...

Have fun :o

If money is not an issue here theres new manicure saloon at Central World..cant remember the floor but closed to Isetan dept store.

Also theres cheap but realy nice manicure shop down at sukhumvit soi 12 right before Crepes resto...

Have fun :o

Yes, if money is not an issue you could go anywhere from down the street to upscale nails salon anywhere, esp in the Malls; Central World, Siam Discovery, Paragon, Emporium. Or some at MBK, Siam Square are quite reasonable price as well. Lately the nails painting and manicure is very popular in BKK, you would find a place where it suits your budget and style. Enjoy. I have it done once a week at one in Siam Square and once a month at N.I.C in Time Square, Sukhumvit street.

I got o Panipa. ekkamai soi 16 just at the beggining of the soi, is pretty famous 90% of the clients are farang ladies, they speak english, they do evertything (wax, extension, cuts, eyelashes, body scrub, beauty treatments, blah blah blah) prices arent high like in the malls, and belive me in emporium at least, they are soooooooo bad!!!

hehe, im a salonholic.. :o and i can highly recomend this place in ekkamai 016212552 thats is the "service" number to make your reservation... u can hv a indian head massage while they r doing your nails, free coffee n stuff like that.

enjoy!

I got o Panipa. ekkamai soi 16 just at the beggining of the soi, is pretty famous 90% of the clients are farang ladies, they speak english, they do evertything (wax, extension, cuts, eyelashes, body scrub, beauty treatments, blah blah blah) prices arent high like in the malls, and belive me in emporium at least, they are soooooooo bad!!!

hehe, im a salonholic.. :D and i can highly recomend this place in ekkamai 016212552 thats is the "service" number to make your reservation... u can hv a indian head massage while they r doing your nails, free coffee n stuff like that.

enjoy!

I used to go to Panipa on BTS Asok (inside Westin Plaza) for some time, until every time I went there I had bad infection on my nails and last time when I was there, the girl that did my nails was very unprofessional and cut "a bit too much", and I could barely walk for almost a month. Now, when I'm not going there anymore, my nails finally healed. Panipa salon is pretty cheap, but they also provide an uprofessional service and when I did my brows they barely touched anything and basicaly took money for nothing. So of course I'm not going there anymore, therefore I'm also looking now for good salon... :o

When you say money is no object can you give me an idea on price? I've been to couple of places and the price has ranged from 150THB to 450THB.

Are you looking for recommendation? These two are the nails salon I regularly visit.

*Trinity: Thong Lo soi 10 Tel: 02-390-0655

Manicure 300

Pedicure 400

Manicure & Pedicure 700

Nail Art 300+

*20 Nails Studio: Siam Paragon. Siam Discovery.

Edited by legag

Take Care on Suk Soi 19 is hard to beat IMO.... massaging chairs, foot spas and little personal TVs... get the girls together and make an afternoon of it! (There are other Take Care salons, I think that Soi 19 is the best of them....)

Is it on Sukhumvit Soi 19? What's the price?

• 2 weeks later...

hehe, im a salonholic.. :D and i can highly recomend this place in ekkamai 016212552 thats is the "service" number to make your reservation... u can hv a indian head massage while they r doing your nails, free coffee n stuff like that.

enjoy!

I used to go to Panipa on BTS Asok (inside Westin Plaza) for some time, until every time I went there I had bad infection on my nails and last time when I was there, the girl that did my nails was very unprofessional and cut "a bit too much", and I could barely walk for almost a month. Now, when I'm not going there anymore, my nails finally healed. Panipa salon is pretty cheap, but they also provide an uprofessional service and when I did my brows they barely touched anything and basicaly took money for nothing. So of course I'm not going there anymore, therefore I'm also looking now for good salon... :o

weird, I go to panipa for more than 4 years, and i had EVER experience something like that. umm anyways i had never been in the panipa asok, i like the one in ekkamai cuz hv really good staff there.

While we are talking about salon and stuffs here in tihs thread,maybe the girls here have any idea about chemical peeling ? I have sensitive face of sun so I have to take special treatment so I wont get burn easily.

Cant afford to send my facial treatment from back home so any suggestion where I can go to get facial treatment..

Or any dermatologist that wont make my wallet burn?? :o

• 3 months later...

enjoy!

weird, I go to panipa for more than 4 years, and i had EVER experience something like that. umm anyways i had never been in the panipa asok, i like the one in ekkamai cuz hv really good staff there.

Hey popcorn,

Just wanted to say thank you for your recommendation, I visited Panipa on Ekkamai this week.... WOW, FAB!!! Great prices, professional, experienced staff, clean place and VERY busy. That to me is always a good sign! :D

Very happy and I am defo gonna become a regular! :D

Txs again!

yeah Panipa on Ekkamai 19 is good and cheap on all kinds of treatments, I go there mostly for wax ( fast 4 hands wax "all over" never costs more than 1000 ) but I don't go there for manicure or pedicure.... for that I go to Nails grande, they are also on Ekkamai near Sherber and Curve night clubs, the place is just FAB spa pedicure there is the best and I am wiling to pay 600 or 900 with massage it's worth the money...

A little bit off topic, but does Panipa on Ekkamai 19 do those eyelash extensions? Also can anyone provide directions on how to get there? BTS is my preferred mode of transportation.

Thanks Makyai

Hi Makyai,

I took the BTS to Ekkamai, got off at the exit opposite the Bus Station and walked down Soi 63, crossed over the road and then at the first bus stop on the left hand side (coming from SUkhumvit Road), jumped on a Bus! THere was a few Bus numbers and I just figured most go down the soi. (23, 72 etc).

Soi 19 is quite far down - for me too far to walk in the heat. :D Asked the lady conductor for Soi 19 which is on teh left hand side, I was also looking out for it and she told me when we got there. Bus stop is just past soi 19! :D

There are also Moto guys by the bus stop but not sure how much they are.

Suggest you call first to make an appointment, I called the day before and was glad I did as they open 8am-5pm. NOt sure about weekend times....

Good luck! :o

BTW, The main reason I went was to do eyelash tint which I was very happy with. Whilst I was there I saw a poster and decided to do the Anti Cellulite 30 mins Massage for problem areas - 300bt! I would TOTALLY recommend this :D .

Hi Andiamo,

How did they do the "Anti Cellulite 30 mins Massage for problem areas". That sounds so interesting. Can 30 minutes make any difference? Is it too short? I thought it would take at least 60 minutes. Thank you.

Edited by greenmember

Hi Andiamo,

How did they do the "Anti Cellulite 30 mins Massage for problem areas". That sounds so interesting. Can 30 minutes make any difference? Is it too short? I thought it would take at least 60 minutes. Thank you.

It seems there are 2 types -

1) 60 mins with machine - the lady (owner?) explained that is just used on the hips (if I understood correctly)

2) 30 mins with the masseuse (sp?) hands! (STRONG!), She uses some special cream and massaged very firmly and using differnet techniques the front of thighs, tummy, backs of thighs, bit of your bum cheeks! :D and those 'tiny' love handles... which of course us gals don't have :o !

Don't worry about your underwear as you are given those ultra stylish paper knickers to wear. :D

For me, I was thinking that I would try and go once a week/ once every other week depending on my free time!

If you think it is too short, you could maybe book 2 sessions....?

Next time I plan to try the 600bt massage to compare. I must also say the lady who "did" me was absolutely fab, maybe early-mid 40s so very experienced. :D I was so chuffed with her and the treatment she gave me.

Let us know how you get on if you try it!

• 4 years later...

I prefer to have my hair done and a manicure, pedicure at the same time. I just think if im going to be sitting down for 2 hours i may as well have it all done at the same time. I highly recommend Zenred Salon for Manicures and Pedicures in Bangkok, well for anything hair related too.

But why i love them is they have the latest OPI nail polish and laquer range, plus China glaze and a few other top brands, normally you will pay quite a lot for those but everytime i have been they had some promotion on where it cost about the same price as a regular manicure or pedicure.