Settings For D-link Dsl-500g Using True?

germandude

I saw someone along the line mention the following:

Is it a modem or router? I've just been through the same setting up my router. Had all the settings right, but found out that NAT was disabled. So basically you have to make sure you are using PPPoE LLC, VPI = 0 VCI = 100. Enable NAT

I'm going to be using my own modem (though it is a ZyXEL, same brand as the one True uses, but the settings aren't setup the same) and get installed on Thursday...so I'm not 100% sure that the above settings will work...but we'll see :o

Hey again.

I just called True to get the skinny on the settings.

You can use all of the below settings, however for the IP address, you should call them. Just call 02-900-9000, then choose 9 for English, then just press 0 and you'll get an operator. Their automatic operator is not working correctly when you choose from the menu.

VPI = 0

VCI = 100

IP = static

Static IP # = specific to your account, call them for this number

Subnet Mask = 255.255.255.0

Encap= PPPoE LLC

Bridge = disabled

Gateway: 0.0.0.0

Good luck!

-Matty

Isn't that only if you have a static IP address (that you've paid extra for?)

Most people will be relying on the router to pick up an IP address whenever it connects/reconnects to the ADSL network. (I know that's how mine is set up).

Yeah, that is what I thought.. but the True woman told me otherwise. Additionally, I believe the gateway should not be 0.0.0.0....otherwise, how the heck does your computer know where to get out to the internet???

Call True, give them your ADSL phone number and ask them what to do. I seem to get the same English speaking woman everytime I call. Maybe there is only one supporting us all??? wouldn't be suprised TIT

the IP should be dynamic, I aint 100% sure but I'd expect shes talkin <deleted>. And if yer using more than one computer you'd want bridge enabled..

Also it wouldnt be very wise to specify a gateway if yer using dynamicly assigned DHCP IP addy :o

On the piece of paper they game me in the true office which specified the POP3 and SMTP server address it says:

expvessai.asianet.co.th

not sure how many 1000's will have been effected by this typo.. Seems like a bit of a cowboy operation, there no wonder their help line is alwayz busy :D