Mexican Food

crabstix

I used to eat mexican food at a restaurant opposite overbrook hospital. I've heard that it's moved. Any ideas where to? (or if it has moved at all?)

Hey, this is a forum about Thailand....not about Essex County, New Jersey, USA........where are those darn mods when you really need them.

hahahahha

Chownah

I used to eat mexican food at a restaurant opposite overbrook hospital. I've heard that it's moved. Any ideas where to? (or if it has moved at all?)

Hey, this is a forum about Thailand....not about Essex County, New Jersey, USA........where are those darn mods when you really need them.

hahahahha

Chownah

I guess I am lucky you are not a mod Chownah. Anyone with some useful info?

Khun Lek is a friend of my wife`s. She`s moved up to San Khong Noi or San Khong Luang. I can`t remember which. :o

P.S. my wife hasn`t moved.

This is a topic about a Mexican food joint opposite the hospital in Chiangrai.....I had to step in once already to keep us from swerving off to New Jersy....and now you bring in some seemingly unrelated person named "Khun Lek" who has recently moved.......where are the moderators when we really need them....and can we please stay on topic?

Chownah

If elected I promise not to serve.

Towards ChaingMai from DenHa intersection - how one goes to ChiangRai Beach/Pattaya Noi, the next intersection has SanKhongLuang to the left (east). Soi 13 is not far off. The restaurant's name is Kae's Burrito - there's a web site easily reached by a google search.

It's about half-way to where the soi reaches the old raod to CM - it's called Ratchyotha for a while but changes name somewhere before there...

hahahahha

Chownah

Wait a minute, you don't mean Overlook Hospital do you? I was born there. But then Overlook is in Summit, which is Union County. Still it's just across Route 24 from Short Hills & Essex County. Yikes! It's all coming back to me now...

I like Kae's Mexican food place, though the combo plate is a bit pricy, but feeds 2 or 3.

I'd like to see more Mex places. All the basic ingredients are available locally.

Lacking that, my favorite place is a little Muslim place right next to the Muslim temple downtown. Thai food leaves me cold and head-achy and MSG'd out.

Actually, that should be Soi 12

Towards ChaingMai from DenHa intersection - how one goes to ChiangRai Beach/Pattaya Noi, the next intersection has SanKhongLuang to the left (east). Soi 13 is not far off. The restaurant's name is Kae's Burrito - there's a web site easily reached by a google search.

It's about half-way to where the soi reaches the old raod to CM - it's called Ratchyotha for a while but changes name somewhere before there...

• 2 years later...

Just in case anyone is looking for her, she is now located in the Night Bazaar food court. First stall on the right, in the long line of food stalls in the "new addition". No more table service now that she has moved. You order at the window and then go back and get your food when it is ready. She still has the Mexican food but has dropped a lot of other items from her menu. She is closed on Mondays, I believe.

Edited by kandahar

Thanks kandahar, I'll check it out some time.

Interesting thread, been a while since we've seen chownah posting... :)

Joel avoids us as well, but for different reasons.

Edited by sceadugenga

I bumped into John - Kae's wife and he told me she has the stall in the night Bazarre, selling Mex grub.

I concer that the Muslim Restaurant near the mosque off Tanalai Road is good. I regularly eat there, generous piece of chicken on yellow spiced rice with a bowl of soup and a bowl of spicy salad --35 baht.

I bumped into John - Kae's wife and he told me she has the stall in the night Bazarre, selling Mex grub.

I concer that the Muslim Restaurant near the mosque off Tanalai Road is good. I regularly eat there, generous piece of chicken on yellow spiced rice with a bowl of soup and a bowl of spicy salad --35 baht.

I won't tell anyone that you are referring to John as Kae's wife. But he might read it here.

• 1 month later...

QUOTE (lannaman @ 2010-05-05 10:44:20) I bumped into John - Kae's wife and he told me she has the stall in the night Bazarre, selling Mex grub.

I won't tell anyone that you are referring to John as Kae's wife. But he might read it here.

:)

Thought nobody notice ! I was thinking hard before i scroll down...LOL