1 Year Retirement Visa Reporting To

Rob1

I made the same mistake the first time with my workpermit. Luckily, my accountant called me up at the end of the day, and then called hte office asking if we could come right the next morning. Even before opening time, we were at their office. Being very apologetic AND sincere in your apologies!, they were so kind to give me another stamp for three months.

They did had the right, though, to cancel the WP and make me do it all over again. If I would have been late for two days or more, most probably they wouldn't have given me the stamp.

I hope they will be understanding with you as well. Wish you good luck!

Nienke

LuckyDogs Resort and Training Center

(Board cats as well)

Normally you have +/- 7 day window to report, that is if your reporting date is less then 7 days late at the moment you will probably not be fined. The maximum allowed by law is 5000 baht, but normally 2000 baht is standard in Chiangmai (from my own experience).

can any one tell me the fine if you have not beem to immagration for you 3 months sign in

I have 1 year retirement visa. I was told the max fine is 2,000Bt per year :o any on know

I just went as i forgot and was a month late, jomtien, no charge or penalty, and my next 90 day report is 90 from the last,

I went my entire second year of extended retirement visa without reporting in because unlike the first year where they stamped me for 3 months at a time, they stamped me in for a year and I thought I was done ! Anyway, no one ever said a thing come time for extention #3, and I have actually missed several others in the following years. If you leave and re-enter the country on a re-entry visa, that also counts as a new 90 day check in, so they would have to actually go thru your passport and check all those too to know if you skipped one. Anyway, I'm not recommending it, but if you never say anything it's unlikely they will have any reason to check...

I have just received my receipt from Mae Hong Son, my next 90 days comes up on 20th December but I will be out of the country. Should I send it in early or just forget about it until I get back in January, is the reset automatic with the re-entry permit?

Cloudhopper, where is Ban Pong?

Colin in Viengtai.

I have just received my receipt from Mae Hong Son, my next 90 days comes up on 20th December but I will be out of the country. Should I send it in early or just forget about it until I get back in January, is the reset automatic with the re-entry permit?

Colin in Viengtai.

If you leave the country before the next reporting date, you have nothing to worry about. The 90 day clock starts over when you return.

Yeah, what he sez....

The check-in is simply to let Imm know your current address, while in-country. Logically, if you are gone, it is not required. But as noted above, if you come back, you will not have a current TM47 stapled in, with a valid check-in date. It will be your responsibility to go in 90 days after your re-entry, and fill out a new one.

Colin in Viengtai.

As long as you leave before Dec 20 you're OK. I'm not sure if you can ever "send it in" but this would beat a drive to MHS! The 90 day check-in clock re-starts whenever you check back in to LOS on your re-entry visa, which always expires on the last day of your annual extention regardless of when you get it.

Tambon Vieng Neua (North Fort) is divided into Ban Sridonchai and Ban Pong, each having its own wat...