Thaivisa Launches Thailands Biggest Classifieds Marketplace

george

Thaivisa launches Thailands biggest Classifieds marketplace

Thai language websites have far larger classifieds set up.

May i ask where the 'fact' that this was the biggest in Thailand comes from?

Why not support it rather than knock it, who cares what thai language websites do, who can read 'em?

Why not support it rather than knock it, who cares what thai language websites do, who can read 'em?

:o:D :D

:o:D :D

I use them all the time, and as I know Acquiesce I know he can read 'em. Very handy.

Don't think he was knocking them at all. I think he was just trying to point out that Thai visa has a long way to go to be anywhere near the biggest classified website in Thailand, both in English and especially in Thai. Good luck to them in their new venture anyhow.

I think ThaiVisa is keeping with Thai reporting tradations and standards. It's right in line with The Nation and The Bangkok Post newspapers. The rule is, it doesn't have to be totally true, it has to have some truth in it and it has to be sensational and attract a lot of attention.

A ride from Pattaya to the airport is advertised for the price of 1 baht??!?! :o

"Buyer Beware" ... needs to be the standard practice, I suppose...

Maybe that was one of the Google ads at the side (or top, bottom, in the middle) of the page. That's another thing to be wary of - make sure you don't accidentally click a Google ad rather than a real classified ad as they look remarkably similar. Deliberately done, I guess, and the price we pay for it being a free service I suppose, but there don't have to be that many, do there?

A ride from Pattaya to the airport is advertised for the price of 1 baht??!?! :o

"Buyer Beware" ... needs to be the standard practice, I suppose...

Maybe that was one of the Google ads at the side (or top, bottom, in the middle) of the page. That's another thing to be wary of - make sure you don't accidentally click a Google ad rather than a real classified ad as they look remarkably similar. Deliberately done, I guess, and the price we pay for it being a free service I suppose, but there don't have to be that many, do there?

Nope... filed under Miscellaneous category in the Thaivisa classified ads.

A ride from Pattaya to the airport is advertised for the price of 1 baht??!?! :D

Perhaps that's less the fuel surcharge? :o

True. I wonder if when you dial the ad's phonenumber, AirAsia answers... I see they are currently offering flights for the same low, low price of 1 baht.

What a great combo... Driven to the airport and then flown to Phuket... and it only costs 2 baht. :D

Edited by sriracha john

Just tried to find it and it's gone - perhaps someone joking around...

Nope.... still there:

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/miscellane...ept-27-223.html

but you do raise a very valid issue. Moderaters supervising the ads will have a busy job for the reason you cite.

Edited by sriracha john

Nope.... still there:

but you do raise a very valid issue. Moderaters supervising the ads will have a busy job for the reason you cite.

Could also be someone thinking it's an Ebay type system where the highest bidder takes the item. As an aside, that could be an interesting direction for this to take if possible, if it hasn't been considered already...

Nope.... still there:

craigslist had a good idea with the 'flag this post' system. Self regulating and even gives different alert levels for the admin or mod or whatever.