City Hall

begsaresponse

Has anyone seen the ad on tv regarding City Hall regs about dogs?

Not before time!

It says:

1 Owners of dogs must register them

2 Owners must put collars on their dogs that help control rabbies and

3 Owners who let their dogs crap outside must pick up the stool. Or be fined 500 Baht.

I have also seen a huge notice about this on 3rd road outside TOT.

In our village..well in our street there are 2 houses at the end of the street that between them have 6-8 dogs and the noise they make at night is rediculous. Not all of them have collars and some of them walk down the street to crap outside our house..other peoples house too.

Do you think I would be justified going to City Hall to complain?

begsaresponse

Not before time!

It says:

3 Owners who let their dogs crap outside must pick up the stool. Or be fined 500 Baht.

In our village..well in our street there are 2 houses at the end of the street that between them have 6-8 dogs and the noise they make at night is rediculous. Not all of them have collars and some of them walk down the street to crap outside our house..other peoples house too.

begsaresponse

That would depend if your 'village' is within the City limits no?

Then you could always complain to the owners of the 2 houses in question first.

Not before time!

It says:

begsaresponse

That would depend if your 'village' is within the City limits no?

Then you could always complain to the owners of the 2 houses in question first.

Absolutely! It's the complainers of this world who stop total chaos. Health Dept is on 4th floor of new building at City Hall. Somebody will show you the way. You may get redirected to Soi Bokow (? spelling) - apparently there is some govt bulding there where dogs have to be registered.

On the other hand, you have to take into account the advice I was given when I came to live permanently in LOS. "Don't complain because if you do expect to get shot, your car damaged, your dog poisoned".

I read the rules also, but as with all other laws and rules, I don’t think they will be upheld.

(Thailand even have a law forbidding prostitution, can you believe that heheheh :o)

Here at my soi in Naklua we have over 20 soi dogs without collars. Most of them belongs to some of the squatters who live around here and one of them keep attacking people driving by on motorbikes (including me). I thought about complaining, but I am pretty sure that nothing will happen.

And like Tammi says, many of the dog owners are quite poor people with nothing to lose. So if we get officials to kill off their pets I am pretty sure they would take revenge on the rich falang who come to their country and makes trouble.

Absolutely! It's the complainers of this world who stop total chaos.

The only good thing about complainers is that they raise their own blood pressure and are more susceptible to heart failure.

In our village..well in our street there are 2 houses at the end of the street that between them have 6-8 dogs and the noise they make at night is rediculous. Not all of them have collars and some of them walk down the street to crap outside our house..other peoples house too

Spell checker?

Edited by kpeanut

The only good thing about complainers is that they raise their own blood pressure and are more susceptible to heart failure.

In our village..well in our street there are 2 houses at the end of the street that between them have 6-8 dogs and the noise they make at night is rediculous. Not all of them have collars and some of them walk down the street to crap outside our house..other peoples house too

Spell checker?

!. FYI, the symtom and susceptibility you mentioned do not happen to experienced complainers. In fact quite the reverse.

2. Clever, aren't you?

Spell checker?

!. FYI, the symtom and susceptibility you mentioned do not happen to experienced complainers. In fact quite the reverse.

2. Clever, aren't you?

Be gentle there Tammi, kpeanut is a newbie.

Seems like DonTron has a good case to get the city to flex their new muscle with the pack of dogs on his soi. I doubt the squatters consider the dogs as 'pets' and if they aren't tagged as such, there should be no arguments. If you have some other farangs on the same soi, talk it over with them if you feel that retribution may be directed at you solely.

Simple...

Dog Wardens

• A couple of guys, a van and a Dog Pound.
  • Dog without collar & ID owner pays 100B fine (if dog registered) otherwise dog to pound.
  • Dog pound release fee, 500B + fee for registering, compulsory neutering and any other required veterinary treatment fees.
  • Dogs not claimed from Dog Pound in 10 days, put to sleep and carcases sold to Crock Farm.
  • + Wardens should be able to take any dog that is in need of veterinary care.

BB

Simple...

Dog Wardens

• A couple of guys, a van and a Dog Pound.
  • Dog without collar & ID owner pays 100B fine (if dog registered) otherwise dog to pound.
  • Dog pound release fee, 500B + fee for registering, compulsory neutering and any other required veterinary treatment fees.
  • Dogs not claimed from Dog Pound in 10 days, put to sleep and carcases sold to Crock Farm.
  • + Wardens should be able to take any dog that is in need of veterinary care.

BB

I agree with this 100%. Course we wouldn't be talking about this problem if we lived in Vietnam!! :o

You guys are killing me - stop making sense, this is Pattaya (Thailand)

By law, dogs cant be put to sleep - but you put it on yah-bah dealers. Make sense? Thought not.

There is a gang of killer dogs sprung up on soi Honey at bottom where there is new construction. At least one bitch in heat and the male dogs are big time scary. careful.

Dogs are a serious problem around these parts.

The loud barking is one that frays nerves and creates hostility.

The sh*t and p*ss from these vermin pollutes the streets and waters as it washes down whatever counts as a gutter.

Unmanaged dogs create both real threats and discomfort when aggressive or even just perceived as such.

Trying to walk around the streets is complicated by the unknown rabies history and/or aggressive behavior of stray dogs. Any dog not on a leash or in a yard is a stray.

I could say the same about some human types also.

However dogs also offer company, companionship, and some protection.

What to do? Legislating manners usually does not work.

I like the Dog warden idea, but doubt it will ever come to be. I also agree with the BM that suggested a first attempt to talk to the owners,

but I keep hearing about how quick to make reprisals folks around here can be.

Tough call OP, let us know what you do and what comes of it. If you want company at City Hall, you know where I am.

kdf