Filipina Visa?

Hi there, has anyone experienced bringing thier filipina GF to Thailand??? For a visit of 7 days

Do they require a visa ? or any other requirements eg return ticket (i guess is a given) , but what about $$$$, jhow much do they need to hv on them?

I wd b there to meet at airport , with a cell number if any problem with immigration...but was just wondering if anyone has done this..

Thks in advance.

Edited by cliffqueens

She doesn't require a visa, she will get 30 days exempt stamp on arrival. Requirements are proof of onward travel within those 30 days and 10.000 baht per person, or 20.000 per family.

Absolutely correct. :o

Does the 10k Bt funds apply to Filipinos as well as Filipinas? Someone told me it didn't, but I am travelling to Thailand with a Filipino work colleague for a meeting and don't wish to take any chances!

CC

it would be better if she just gets an exempt stamp once she arrives at suvarnabhumi. it would be more easier than getting her a visa in manila. besides she will only stay here for 7 days so i think 30 days exempt stamp is more than enough for her. she need to get a 2 way ticket. they will not let her check in in manila airport if she only have 1-way. plus if shes flying via a cheap airline make sure she has at least 10k baht with her and a invitation letter from you. most officers in manila ask a lot of questions if you are flying via cheap airlines and they usually ask if she have show money with her, what she's going to do here, how long she will be staying. mostly like that. but it never happened if you are flying via thai airways or other expensive airlines.

i hope this helps. good luck.

She doesn't require a visa, she will get 30 days exempt stamp on arrival. Requirements are proof of onward travel within those 30 days and 10.000 baht per person, or 20.000 per family.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but my Filipino GF has never (6 entries) been asked to show proof of funds upon entry at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but my Filipino GF has never (6 entries) been asked to show proof of funds upon entry at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

My wife is a Filipina, and has made frequent trips to Thailand both traveling with me and traveling on her own.

At Thai immigration, you should be prepared to show an onward ticket and THB 10,000. As a practical matter, at Thai immigration she has never been asked to either show the onward ticket or the THB 10,000.

CAUTION - - - It is in the Philippines that you will have the biggest problem. Before a Philippine citizen is allowed to board a plane he or she will have to (1) pay a travel tax of Peso 1,600; (2) show a return ticket with a confirmed seat to return to the Philippines; and (3) show money of either THB 10,000 or USD 200.

CAUTION - - - Be very careful if the flight back is on a different airline than the departing airline. Over a five year period my wife was on two separate occasions not permitted to board a plane to leave the Philippines: (1) once, she had a paper ticket to return but the return date on the ticket was a week or so prior to the departure, and even though all agreed that all she had to do was to book a seat for the return flight this was not sufficient; and (2) once she was departing on Philippine airline, but the return was an e-ticket on Air Asia, and we did not get a letter from Air Asia confirming the e-ticket was valid.

Edited by tim77