Some Advice Would Be Of Help..

kitty

Hello ladies and gents,

Im a 24 soon to be, 'farang' girl :o

I travelled to Thailand this year for three months and would love to go back there for a longer period, however i do not really want to have to come back to england continuously to 'earn' as im not keen on good ole england(but i will if have to).

Also, where i live its extremley hard to find a job let alone one with a decent wage, i have been very lucky and a week after returning i got a great job with lovely people and an ok wage. So, the question i would like help on:

as its so hard to get a job here and i dont want a CV that makes me look like i cant settle(i can, i was in my last job for 6years)do i :

1>Save some cash and on 1st April attempt to live in Thailand for as long as i enjoy it?

2>On the 1st April go to thailand for 5 months,have fun (with enough money not to have to work)and come back and try to find a job again, ( i know ill only be saving to leave again)OR

3>Stay with the job im in as its a good place to work and go to Thailand for a month twice a year?

Any help would be appreciated. Ta x

It's a tough one but I'd go for the third one - at the moment.

In the months you are here you could look into working/teaching here, there are many kindergartens and primary schools that would welcome a farang girl with open arms, you'd get a job before you'd stepped over the threshold.

It depends on a lot of things, what do you want in the long term or are you not thinking about that yet?

Hope that's of some help, I can't suggest more until you elaborate.

Good luck and have fun,

Scampy :o

scampy has some sound advise there. Go with the safe option but look around when your here.

Its possible, depending on your profession, to find a non teaching job in LOS, just takes the right skills for the right company.

Too many people go home penniless after failing, so always make sure youve got something to go home to until your sure of what youve got here.

Anyway, good luck, and feel free to ask more questions as and when the need arises. (use the jobs section for a better selection of readers maybe, just a thought)

Kitty- opportunities are few and far for Farrang. Best bet is try and get in with a international corporation that has offices there. They would take care of VISA situation ect. However these are highly sought after positions, so going to have to stand out.

Could teach english route- as many do this so they can work and live in LOS.

Personally I think you're best bet is to take 2 holidays a year. Take your time looking for a suitable position.

Hello ladies and gents,

Im a 24 soon to be, 'farang' girl :o

I travelled to Thailand this year for three months and would love to go back there for a longer period, however i do not really want to have to come back to england continuously to 'earn' as im not keen on good ole england(but i will if have to).

Also, where i live its extremley hard to find a job let alone one with a decent wage, i have been very lucky and a week after returning i got a great job with lovely people and an ok wage. So, the question i would like help on:

as its so hard to get a job here and i dont want a CV that makes me look like i cant settle(i can, i was in my last job for 6years)do i :

1>Save some cash and on 1st April attempt to live in Thailand for as long as i enjoy it?

2>On the 1st April go to thailand for 5 months,have fun (with enough money not to have to work)and come back and try to find a job again, ( i know ill only be saving to leave again)OR

3>Stay with the job im in as its a good place to work and go to Thailand for a month twice a year?

Any help would be appreciated. Ta x

I don't get it. Whats the significance of April 1st?(other than the obvious)

Why not April 12th or July 18th?

Other than that i agree with scamp.

I have been trying to find something in LOS since 1996. The thing is I can not find anything that will be able to support the life style we want. So we have been vacationing in Thialand for 3 weeks every year since 96. We will continue o do so until i can afford to retire in LOS.

So Kitty , that's is my plan. Don't cut yourself short on money so you won't be able to enjoy Thailand like you did on your first trip. Think long term. Even if you only go once a year it's better than not at all. But don't give up your search for employment in LOS either, you might hit it lucky and land the dream job.

good luck.

PKG

ok to explain this April 1st thing, I would like to be in Thailand for the Thai new year, I fully enjoyed last year and it was one of my best days out there.

Mr.Gentleman: Thanks for your advice, i'm not really looking too far into the future as i dont know what will happen or if what i want might change some what.

I have felt like i 'dont belong' in england since i can remember and Thailand made me feel welcome and , i suppose, at home. But, i am still a young lady and love my materialistic things, such as nice clothes, nice car etc etc

and i cant see me having a good career, a good amount of money and all the other nice ladie things while living in Thailand.

So, maybe after a year or two i would return to england or maybe somewhere else, im really not sure.

It does sound bad but money has alot to do with it, if i won the lottery i would live in thailand forever. :o

Songkran- 1 day ok- but a week of it is a bit much. :o

The key is to earn western salary in Thailand. (live like a king or queen) Other than that you'd be selling yourself short- keep with 2 holidays a year and then be on the prowl for the "dream position"

"cute" well the photos is stretched so I'll wait until I see more before I award compliments. :D

I agree with the boys. You'd better play it safe first. And keep your eyes open to opportunities when you are in the country.

Good luck :D

(Guys.. isn't she cute :D :D )

Im starting to agree with you all now.

I do think some of my reason for staying longer was for my thai man, however he is a ukk hummm slag so i dont fancy going back to him to get used or be just "another" girl returning for him. :o

Thanks for your help though, much appreciated.. :D

Me?cute?LOL.. :wub:

Kitty, i would work in UK and get a decent wage and ENJOY Thailand when you come twice a year.

Many Farangs struggle in Thailand on a low wage and end up in a mess, then they get all cynical and blame Thailand for their predicament, and then they don't enjoy Thailand no more.

Its tough to enjoy yourself when you are Skint, plus so many English teaching Jobs carry no work permit, so you would be illegaly working, which means you could end up in Jail, deported and Blacklisted.

Work in UK and get a decent wage, and have a good blast in Thailand with plenty of dosh in your pockets 2 times a year till you are certain of a real job with a work permit, or it could all go tits up for you.

Reality is harsh at times. Sorry. :o

I do think some of my reason for staying longer was for my thai man, however he is a ukk hummm slag so i dont fancy going back to him to get used or be just "another" girl returning for him. :o

As my dear mate britmaveric has always said to me, do not settle for second best while we deserve the best. Plenty fish in the sea. And you are still very young. Unlike an old fart like me. :D

As my dear mate britmaveric has always said to me, do not settle for second best while we deserve the best. Plenty fish in the sea. And you are still very young. Unlike an old fart like me. :D

LOL...age has nothing to do with it :D

I just think i'm attracted to idiots and still have it in my head that he could possible settle for me, oh dear someone slap me :D

no your right,

i just know i will find it almost impossible to leave thailand at the end of my month away :o

You have my understanding on that one, i know its tough to leave, but its nice coming back with money.

Its funny really, when thinking about it..

I'm staying in england working my arse off and being generally not entirly happy for months on end just to feel im truly "living" for a month or so(when in thailand)

I know this is the best way but i also think i should be "living" for my whole life not just for the month i can afford...

know what i mean? :o

Its funny really, when thinking about it..

I'm staying in england working my arse off and being generally not entirly happy for months on end just to feel im truly "living" for a month or so(when in thailand)

I know this is the best way but i also think i should be "living" for my whole life not just for the month i can afford...

know what i mean? :o

Yep , i know what you mean, but economically speaking, you are doing the right thing, many do try the option of just saying...'<deleted> it, i am off to Thailand', but many come unstuck and go home broke and in debt cos they have to borrow money.

Thailand can be a bit of a bummer when you are skint.

Hi Kitty,

I know exactly what you're on about! I felt exactly the way you're feeling but the difference is I took the risk and couldn't be happier! :D

What do you do back home, if you don't mind me asking? Are you independent or living at home?

I know almost everyone is advising you to stay put and just come here for your hols but the cost of living 'back home' is very high compared to Thailand.

A bit more info about your situation might attract better advice! :o

Hi, Kitty.....what you should know about teaching english is the typical rate of pay, about 250 baht/hr maximum, and 90% of the work is in BKK. It's tough, particularly if your credentials are shaky. My opinion, for what it's worth, is twofold.....visit on a budget as much as possible and continuously check English/American job opportunities in Thailand. There aren't many of the latter unless you're an engineer, but people do get lucky now and again. The notion of visiting on a tight budget is that it'll give you some idea of the quality of life you can buy for how much, which, in turn, shows you how good of a job you might need if you do finally decide to chuck life in GB. PS: an asset towards getting a job in Thailand is a rudimentary command of the language; do you speak Thai at all?

Hi Kitty,

I know exactly what you're on about! I felt exactly the way you're feeling but the difference is I took the risk and couldn't be happier! :D

What do you do back home, if you don't mind me asking? Are you independent or living at home?

I know almost everyone is advising you to stay put and just come here for your hols but the cost of living 'back home' is very high compared to Thailand.

A bit more info about your situation might attract better advice! :D

Hi, i was going to give some more information about myself but i didnt want to dribble on too much :D

At the moment i am working as a receptionist/office administrator and before that a spent 6 years in the travel industry as a stewardess.

I was asking about the job situation in the job section and i know there not easy to come by but trying to get work at a hotel came up.

At this present time i am also living at home, i came back from Thailand 2 months ago and still have some money to pay back for my overstay there.

I'm just so impatient, i know i should leave it another year and save hard but i think i'm young and lifes short(ok its not always,80 years could be a long time! :o )but i want to experience as much as possible before i have the responsibility of owning my own home or marriage etc.. :D

At this present time i am also living at home, i came back from Thailand 2 months ago and still have some money to pay back for my overstay there.

Kitty, work in the UK and come to Thailand when you have some money.

You know it makes sense.

Thailand is not a very nice place to be broke, it's a great place when you have some money.