Thai Movies On Dvd

jetzie

Hi guys, i have been walking the streets looking for thai movies realeased but all those stalls selling DVDs are more often selling US moveis and korean dramas . wasnt able to find any of the thai movies around, know of any places??

not really interested in buying orginals though :o

jetzie, i dont think thaivisa looks too favorably on posts requesting anything ...hmm....let say..not quite 'legit'.

I suggest compiling a list of movies you want to get hold of and asking one of the guys if he can get hold of them for you.

However, have you checked out 'regular' shops to find out what the prices are? They may not be too expensive.

The problem is that legit DVD's of Thai films rarely have English subtitles, very annoying. I have been trying to buy "shutter" for ages but it does not exist in Thailand with subtitles...

Agreed, it's very annoying. They leave out the English subtitles because they want to sell the movie overseas at US prices, and don't want people importing cheap Thai copies. It's the same reason companies won't release locally priced dvds of Western movies in Thailand. The end result is its almost impossible to buy Thai movies with English subs. :o

3rd floor Silom Complex next to Telewiz is a DVD shop selling all Thai titles. You never find copy Thai movies on the street! That would be wrong! ha ha! But you will find the originals are rarely over 200 baht. But as one poster put it. The Thai dvd's are rare to have English subtitles - even though at the cinema they did. I never understand that. So if you miss it in the cinema your only choice is to watch in Thai.

Funnily enough I've been trying to build my paltry stock of Thai dvds too. As mentioned, you're lucky to find any with Eng subs, though Mangpong is probably your best bet. I picked up a (sutitled) copy of Last Life in the Universe at the MBK branch for less than 200 baht last week. There is also a branch at major Ekamai.

Hey Sim, may I ask where abouts is Sapanlek? (small bridge??) cheers. I need to stock up on Thai movies b4 I go back home to UK

Sapanlek is interesting , some items ( who can not be mention here ) but many original Thai movies , you need to look around , they cater for model toys / play station machine exetera

http://www.bangkokbob.net/city_map.htm

E4

http://www.bangkokbob.net/map/def_345.htm

It is the market built on the water, top of Yaowarat

You have few entrances!

Interesting place to know