Income Tax In Thailand

Hello people,

I have a friend who is thinking about moving to Thailand. He is an architect.

He has asked me to find out if his occupation makes him taxable as a "legible" professional, and if so, what difference this makes?...

I have no idea what he is going on about, any takers?

Also, some minor points...

Would he have to organise his own tax reports or should he get an accountant?

What are the basic rates of tax?

First, he needs to know whether he is allowed to practice his profession in Thailand.

http://www.thaivisa.com/330.0.html

Next, assuming he still wants to relocate and maybe retire here, he might ask if he knows about local "architectural" techniques and practices, some of which are appalling).

Personally, my wife and I, located upcountry, are considering building an extension (really a separate building with overlapping roofs), and one major concern we have is making it energy efficient. Buildings go up here with nothing but simple brick walls and dark colored tile roofs. Then in some cases an air conditioner is attached to certain rooms. Crazy. We also suffer from chronic roof leaks from an extension that was added to the back of an existing building.

Your friend might do better as an unofficial cash-based consultant, assuming customers who want a bit more than the local technique and style are available where he chooses to get his somtam. :o

UC

Edited by Upcountry