Internet Sharing Using True High Speed (pppoe)

rainman

Just wondering, has anyone achieved internet sharing under TRUE high speed internet? They're using PPPoE to 'dial' into the modem and connect to the internet, so I'm thinking it may be possible that two computers dial into a router at the same time, but not quite sure. It's been years since I've worked with a router, to be honest and I'm a little outdated.

Just wondering, has anyone achieved internet sharing under TRUE high speed internet? They're using PPPoE to 'dial' into the modem and connect to the internet, so I'm thinking it may be possible that two computers dial into a router at the same time, but not quite sure. It's been years since I've worked with a router, to be honest and I'm a little outdated.

You can Internet sharing from the same Network! But you can't use the modified TRUE Router Modem for to do so because they using a kind of Dial-up to connect and this you can do only once a time!

To go around you'll need a new Modem Router and program to your system. The required info you'll need to program in are: VPI/VCI (1/100),Username@truehisp or Username@trueadsl, the password and the IP settings of your network.

As soon as you've your "new" modem router, post the details (Brand, Typ pp.) here and someone of us will give you an exact explanation what to do next.

NO, you don't have to Dial-In! The username and Password will be stored in the Router/Modem and at the same moment you switch on the Router/Modem you're connected to the Internet. If you leave the Router/Modem connected 24/7 you're connected 24/7 is as easy as that!

That is the reason why TRUE modify the Firmware of the Modems which you get for "free" when signingup with them and you need to logon every time you want to switchon the computer and want to go to the internet.

Hi everyone,

I don't post too much but I read a lot, good job to all, very informative forum.

I leave south of Pattaya, Na Jomtien.

Today I need help and advice as I just sign with TT&T and Maxnet and they gave me a modem brand Asus 6000EV/72, everyhting work fine. The problem is that when I connect my Lynksis wireless G router to the system I can't connect to Internet. The Asus modem stuck. :o

I confirm that the router work fine it was tested few days ago at tut/com

Is anyone have had the same problem? Any technical advice?

Thanks for your cooperation;

Babar