24 Inch Display Difficult To Buy (in Pattaya)

Acky

It's not just Pattaya, it's pretty much everywhere in Thailand. Anything beyond 22" is considered to be something that has to be special ordered from the distributor, and it will cost an arm and a leg (and then some). The cheapest I saw was around 40k baht, while in the US they cost less than 20k. The only place that I saw one on display was on the second floor (above the mezzanine floor) of Pantip. You're going to have to ask at a major dealer of either Benq or Samsung (the two that I've seen selling 24" LCDs here). Even in Singapore it's not common to see 24" sold in stores.

Or you could try Dell of Thailand. If I remember correctly, someone was able to buy a 24" from them. I don't buy from Dell of Thailand since 1. They don't have a shop presence and 2. Their web is useless, if you want to actually do something you need to *call* them (how archaic, for a computer retailer).

Edited by Firefoxx

Thanx for that information.

In germany some shops are selling the samsung 245B for about 430 Euro. That's 20k baht as you say.

After next week I go back to germany an come here again in november.

I begin to consider buying the display in germany and bring it to here in my suit case / bag.

Anyone tried that?

Last time I had a motherboard, keyboard and a big cooler (scythe ninja) in my bag. no problem.

I begin to consider buying the display in germany and bring it to here in my suit case / bag.

Anyone tried that?

I brought a 24" LCD to Thailand from the US in a suitcase. Prices continue to drop and are in the 14K baht range Acer for example and fit easily in a suitcase as they are not all that big or heavy, something I would not contemplate with a CRT. I figured even if they charged me any duties I'd still come out way ahead, but I wasn't checked.

Shop4Thai also has them listed, although again they cost in excess of 50k baht. Not really affordable or reasonable. They've been listed like this for quite some time. It's a bit twisted that you can get 24" for around 15k-20k in the US and you have to pay this much in Thailand. It's not as if you couldn't just order them from the US and get them delivered for much less, not to mention how cheap distributors could get it.