Paying The $100 For A Us Visa

My girlfriend has a US Visa interview on Monday and I'm trying to sort out the $100 payment that is suppose to be made at the Pay at Post facilities at Thailand Post offices nationwide. I went to the Thailand Post office on Ko Samui, and they had no idea how to process the payment...although there was a "Pay At Post" sign outside.

Has anyone done this before outside of Bangkok? The post office official said they did not know the Thai Baht -> US exchange rate, and thus could not do the pay at post.

Is it possible to have my girlfriend's sister pay and to have her give us the receipt? Is a name given when payment is made? I'm worried because it's Friday, and I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to a post office outside of Ko Samui before they close for the weekend.

Does anyone know if the Savannaumni Airport Post office is open on Sundays?

Is there a Thailand Post office at or near the US embassy in Bangkok? The instructions given say that I'll need to purchase a self addressed envelope from them anyway on the day of the visa interview. Can I simply do a pay at post at the embassy? What time does the post office open on Monday?

Thanks....

Here is the northern post offices.

http://chiangmai.usconsulate.gov/pay-at-post-list.htm

Must also be a Bangkok /southern list somewhere on the bangkok site maybe?

They also give you the official envelope to mail you your visa right?

If your one of the lucky ones :o

Don't know about the problem with the Pay-At-Post service, but the envelope that is used for mailing your passport with the approved U.S. visa is bought (cheaply) at the outlet at the U.S. Embassy.  It's inside, and just to the left of the stairs where you enter the Consular Section.

At least it was 18 months ago when the wife got her new 10-year visa.

Mac