Retirement One Year Extension

I recently went to Jomtien Immigration of one year extesion. I am 64 years young and have been getting the extension for 5 years. I have had a Thailand bank account for 10 years with a few thousand baht. Always less than 100,000 Baht. I always use use my monthly annuities verified by my embassy. The annuities are double the requirement. Never a problem until this month. I received the extension but the same officer that I always use told me that next year to bring deposit slips showing my deposits into my Thai bank, The officer stated that I had not been putting enough money into Thai bank! Was the officer having a bad day? I don't understand. I treat immigration officers and police very respectfully as they are the ones that open and close the jail door.

Also, for everyone's info: No copies of TM 7 required and no medical certificate required. Probably next year no clothes required.

I recently went to Jomtien Immigration of one year extesion. I am 64 years young and have been getting the extension for 5 years. I have had a Thailand bank account for 10 years with a few thousand baht. Always less than 100,000 Baht. I always use use my monthly annuities verified by my embassy. The annuities are double the requirement. Never a problem until this month. I received the extension but the same officer that I always use told me that next year to bring deposit slips showing my deposits into my Thai bank, The officer stated that I had not been putting enough money into Thai bank! Was the officer having a bad day? I don't understand. I treat immigration officers and police very respectfully as they are the ones that open and close the jail door.

Also, for everyone's info: No copies of TM 7 required and no medical certificate required. Probably next year no clothes required.

There is no requirement if you go the income letter route, as you know, to show a bank account but immigration likes to see a steady flow of funds coming in. I suspect ATM receipts would be good enough

I have seen this statement before about ATM receipts being proof of money transferred from overseas. Yet I have looked at many of my ATM receipts that I get from Thai ATM machines based on extracting money from my bank account in the US. There appears to be no information that indicates the money came from overseas. Am I missing something?

I have seen this statement before about ATM receipts being proof of money transferred from overseas. Yet I have looked at many of my ATM receipts that I get from Thai ATM machines based on extracting money from my bank account in the US. There appears to be no information that indicates the money came from overseas. Am I missing something?

Surely the ATM receipts mention the account number or some info that you cna link to your account or credit card in the US ?

This together with your US bank's statement should do the trick

Thanks very much. I think I understand. Exgov