Fromage De Tete

JohnBKKK

For those of you who enjoy a Fromage de Tete - Schweinskopfsuelze - Head-Cheese - we have put some on our shelf in Villa near Soi 33 today 240G vacuum packed

you people are driving me crazy discussing Schweinskopfsülze and Leberkäs :o please post or send by PM map of your location if possible in thai (for driver). thanks!

LOVE IT - NO its not brain lol and I agree, it would have to be importet .... its German name is Schweinskopfsuelze and in English Head-cheese - NO it is not Cheese either - its Pig face - Knuckles (in the better ones) and Pigs feet cooked in herbs and spices until the skin is tender which is than removed, cooled and cut into fine pieces those are mixed with the the meat from the knuckles placed into a mold - the cooking liquid has wine added and is reduced by 1/3 and than poured over the meat/sin mix in the mould - this makes a fantastic natural Gelly / Aspic - the topis dusted wit fresh parsley and the lot left to cool and set - tomorrow I'm making Fromage de jambon - which is about the same process but without the head and instead with pieces of Ham, Gurkins, mushrooms and red peppers -

For Dr. Naam and his sanity :o the stuff is in Villa on Sukhumvit near Soi 33 - VILLA MARKET for the taxi

Sukhumvit hua mum soi 33 - thats safe and from there its just a few meters to walk - they have a car park

thanks John. my wife is going to BKK once a month and will get some stuff for me. although she would touch Schweinskopfsülze only under threat of capital punishment she is quite fond of Leberkäs but prefers the kind with herbs and spices.

For Dr. Naam and his sanity :o the stuff is in Villa on Sukhumvit near Soi 33 - VILLA MARKET for the taxi

Sukhumvit hua mum soi 33 - thats safe and from there its just a few meters to walk - they have a car park

thanks John. my wife is going to BKK once a month and will get some stuff for me. although she would touch Schweinskopfsülze only under threat of capital punishment she is quite fond of Leberkäs but prefers the kind with herbs and spices.

Well Schweinskpfsuelze is not everybodies thing - we do also have Leberkaes frequently on sale there - I usually make two versions, one is the standard German one and the other one with Chyenne and Chillies added and we call it .. well took a great deal of imagination .... Spicy Leberkaes .... I only find a problem with the English name for it .... it has NOTHING what so ever to do with Meatloaf - but I can not think of any different name for the child .... any one her has any ideas??

By the way, if you like a good Leberwurst - we are putting a batch on the shelf on Friday - two versons, one cmes in a Film tube - 200G and the other in 4OZ jars which are pasteurized and have a long shelf life - if you are lucky and have agood baker near you .... a gourmets delight, a fresh crispy Broetchen with Leberwurst that actually tastes of Liver and not chemicals ....

colour looks a bit too light for Leberwurst. in Germany that would be called "Teewurst" and eaten only by non-connoisseurs :o

EHEM .... Dr Naan ... this is fromage de tete - schweinskopfsuelze NOT Leberwurst :D

AAARRRGGHHH! who stole my reading glasses? :D