Renting An Appartment In Phitsanulok?

tingtong5

Hi all,

I am a dutch guy married with a thai woman and living in Holland. However my wife has two daugthers from a previous marriage living with an aunt. in Phitanulok. Unfortunatly they are not treated very well.

So I am investigating the possibility of renting an apparment in Phitsanulok so they can have their own place.

My wife says renting is not common in thailand and that we should buy an appartment.

So I was wondering, is this true? Is it so hard to just rent an appartment?

If we would buy an appartment would this be much more expensive than renting (in terms of expense per month).

Any hint and tips are welcome.

Best regards,

Ronald

Apartments are usually one-roomed with a little bathroom in the corner. Two-roomed places are usually given the name condo. And contrary to what your wife says, most people rent apartments, not buy them.

Why don't you have someone walk/ride/drive around a housing estate (muubaan)in Phitsanulok and look for a townhouse for rent(usually 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2-3 rooms downstairs inc. kitchen. If your lucky maybe partly furninished too)

I've rented a few townhouses in the past here in Don Muang, Bkk and they were only 3,000 b a month. No surcharges on water, electricity or phone as at some apartments/condos.

Gazza

Thank you for the information Gazza! Problem is I do not have any contacts in Thailand. The family of my wife is not willing to help at all, all they want is our money :o

We will go to Thailand in march next year, I will then have a look myself of course, but it would be better for the daugthers if I could find something for them more soon.

Maybe somebody knows where to find info on the internet about renting an appartment, condo or town house in Phitsanulok ? It would be great if I could arrange things using the web and email.

Regards,

Ronald

going to be tough to do as Thai do not seem to use the net for much,lot of companys have web sites but they never use or update them and all the e-mail addresses that get get are all out of service,so you will have to look,, but I do know a school teacher that works with my wife that has a residence in Phitsanulok and goes there on weekends,

I will see her and see what I can find out for you and let you know within the next couple of days, e-mail me so I will know how to get hold of you with info..OK :o

Hi Kevin,

I was already afraid that this was the case (internet not much used).

Thank you for your kind offer, I will email you!

Best regards,

Ronald

OK My wife will speak with her friend tomorrow and will let you know whats going on,,

My wife wants to know the ages of the girls and are they employed or students or what so the lady will know what kind of accomidations to search for,,any particulars would help.,,