Where To Play Basketball?

mikea

The best outdoor basketball court I've seen in Bangkok is in Suan Rot Fai, in Lad Phrao. Not so close to those areas you mentioned though, but the park's great also and must be one of the biggest in Bangkok, so you can make a whole day trip out of it. They hire bikes out to visitors so you can ride all around this huge park and shoot a few hoops while you're in there. Would make for a good day out.

• 2 months later...

I regulary go to Thailand and BKK.

Last time i was there,i was checking to play basketball but i didn't found any courts.

Well ,also i prefer to play indoor coz of the hot weather and if somebody knows places where it's easy to go and play indoor, just put the name and the spot.

For my next visit,i will be pleased to meet some basketball players and enjoy some hoops.

• 1 year later...

Any updates on this? I'm going to Bangkok for a couple of nights within 2 weeks time and would love to play some good pick up games.

Will be staying near Lumpini Boxing Stadium (last time I checked couldn't find any places or courts) if anyone knows of any places nearby that would be great.

If you are looking for pickup games, go to Benjasiri (or the "Queens Park) next to Emporium. BTS Phrom Phong. Walk to the back right corner of the park and you will see a volleyball court, tekraw courts, and a basketball court.

Pickup games start around 4-5 everyday. If there is enough people, they will play 5v5, winning team stays on. To play, just wait until the game is over and hang out under the hoop. Now, be sure that others that have waited longer than you play before you. From 6-8 the level of play will increase as the regulars and their buddies show up. The people playing are 90 % thai, and all know each other. They are generally friendly, but be forewarned that you have to go with what they say...a lot of farang show up and cause trouble because they forget they are farang playing on a Thai Court.

The games go till usually 830 ish.. The park closes at 9.

Its not far, just depends on how u get there and what time. U can get there from the MRT to MRT stop Sukhumvit, that stop is attached to the BTS. So hop onto the BTS and go down 1 stop to Phrom Phong. Or just tell any taxi driver "Emporium/Benjasiri Park/Queens Park" any one of those. The park is on the right side of the Emporium mall. So total time for u would probably be 10-20 min. Take a taxi during no traffic times and 10 mins. Traffic times do the MRT/BTS thing and its 20 min.

Its not far, just depends on how u get there and what time. U can get there from the MRT to MRT stop Sukhumvit, that stop is attached to the BTS. So hop onto the BTS and go down 1 stop to Phrom Phong. Or just tell any taxi driver "Emporium/Benjasiri Park/Queens Park" any one of those. The park is on the right side of the Emporium mall. So total time for u would probably be 10-20 min. Take a taxi during no traffic times and 10 mins. Traffic times do the MRT/BTS thing and its 20 min.

Thanks again!!! You play there yourself? If so I'll send u a message when I'm down there ......