Financial Statement For Non-immigrant Visa O

Hey guys, this forum is a great place to gather some information regarding my future stay in Thailand. I am here on tourist visa, which I plan to extend later on for another 30 days, so I can arrange all the paperwork for my marriage here :D, but apparently those guys from immigration are requiring 400 K Baht in a thai account transferred from overseas account. That is great and is no problem for me, but my question is, Will it be a problem, if I have transfered the money to my future wife account from other people's accounts overseas? See, I transferred some money, more than 400 K, but all that money was transferred from my friends' accounts in USA to Thailand, since those guys did own me a lot of money anyway :o . As far as I see, it looks like that the immigration is trying to make me a point, that the money has to be transferred from my personal account, which I really do not get it, money is money and they are in the bank account here in Thailand.

Any help will be appreciated, so I can get rolling toward the goal.....

I don't believe Imigration cares about the origin account of the money, as long as it is remitted from outside Thailand.

What they do care about is the destination account inside Thailand - that must be an account beraing your name, as listed in your passport. This can be either an individual account, or a joint account - but it must bear your name.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

www.thaistartup.com

Big problem. The money must be in your account or a joint account with your wife. If you are under age 50 you will have to prove source of income as you are expected to be employed. How close that is checked will depend on the stars but money has to be into an account with your name on it. Money into your girlfriends account would be considered a gift and her money. The 400k is like a bond (that can be used) to provide support for one year and as such must be yours.

I don't believe Imigration cares about the origin account of the money, as long as it is remitted from outside Thailand.

What they do care about is the destination account inside Thailand - that must be an account beraing your name, as listed in your passport. This can be either an individual account, or a joint account - but it must bear your name.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

www.thaistartup.com

Thanks for the info, great help

Thanks

Andy

Big problem. The money must be in your account or a joint account with your wife. If you are under age 50 you will have to prove source of income as you are expected to be employed. How close that is checked will depend on the stars but money has to be into an account with your name on it. Money into your girlfriends account would be considered a gift and her money. The 400k is like a bond (that can be used) to provide support for one year and as such must be yours.

Thanks for the help. What happens after the first year goes by, do they will need another financial statement for 400K or proof of employement with the stated income received (which I guess got to be a certain minimum level for internationals )and taxes paid or how that goes? Your help is very much appreciated...

Andy :o

A new 400k is expected each year but that is unlikely to be checked closely if all looks to be in order. They will also want to see proof of income each year. The amount is not that important if you maintain the 400k deposit. I can't say how close inspection will be as not in that position but even over age 50 my pension statement is put in file and income converted for filling out yearly form. Tax should be paid if current income but do not believe it is a priority to check that yet. But with the advent of computers here I suspect loopholes will be ending for many things.

If you are working overseas you do not need this 400k for visa to visit your wife for 90 days at a time but you did not indicate how you intended to support your wife and the 400k option requires you to support your wife.

A new 400k is expected each year but that is unlikely to be checked closely if all looks to be in order. They will also want to see proof of income each year. The amount is not that important if you maintain the 400k deposit. I can't say how close inspection will be as not in that position but even over age 50 my pension statement is put in file and income converted for filling out yearly form. Tax should be paid if current income but do not believe it is a priority to check that yet. But with the advent of computers here I suspect loopholes will be ending for many things.

If you are working overseas you do not need this 400k for visa to visit your wife for 90 days at a time but you did not indicate how you intended to support your wife and the 400k option requires you to support your wife.

Actually I was planning to go back to my Internet business, since I have all the connection in USA and Europe. I think there is much more money in working for yourself, than to work for a company in Thailand. In this case steady income is not one of the characteristics of owning your own business, sometimes losses are recorded :o . Other thing is that my wife is having a steady job here in BKK as an account executive, which is pretty much a good money to support both of us- Does this count in front of the immigration officers? Not like I am planning to live on the back of my wife, like a big fat tick :D but just in case my business does not go that well in the first year, after all I am too far away from core customers and it will be hard to do business the same way liek before, but my wifee is here, so I guess I got to adjust :D God bless America

Andy

Actually I was planning to go back to my Internet business, since I have all the connection in USA and Europe. I think there is much more money in working for yourself, than to work for a company in Thailand. In this case steady income is not one of the characteristics of owning your own business, sometimes losses are recorded :o . Other thing is that my wife is having a steady job here in BKK as an account executive, which is pretty much a good money to support both of us- Does this count in front of the immigration officers? Not like I am planning to live on the back of my wife, like a big fat tick :D but just in case my business does not go that well in the first year, after all I am too far away from core customers and it will be hard to do business the same way liek before, but my wifee is here, so I guess I got to adjust :D God bless America

Andy

No. For the support visa you do the support. But as long as you can keep some money coming in, even if irregular, believe you will be ok. It is just as being of working age you will be watched more closely for illegal work. I would not locate a commercial server here in Thailand or something like that without a work permit.

If you are under age 50 you will have to prove source of income as you are expected to be employed.

Are you sure about that Lopburi?

If you are married to a Thai, it is money in the bank or income.

Money in the bank alone is sufficient and I have never seena requirement to show how you earned it, provided it comes from overseas that is sufficient.

Thats the way the rules read,,either in the bank or as income.

But just to visit for periods of 90 days,,no worry,,

Married visa wife support same money rules, just show 40K+ a month from outside,and it shows on my bank book that it was anoutside transfer but does not say from who. :o

If you are under age 50 you will have to prove source of income as you are expected to be employed.

Are you sure about that Lopburi?

If you are married to a Thai, it is money in the bank or income.

Money in the bank alone is sufficient and I have never seena requirement to show how you earned it, provided it comes from overseas that is sufficient.

Read page 3 of this LINK

As I say suspect how close it is checked will depend on many factors but am sure they are going to want more than a bank deposit from wording in the above. I may be wrong but it is best to be prepared.

Will add that probably having it come from overseas will be enought so those that have internet or savings coming in should not have any problem - this will be the evidence of employment. In my above point it seems he has no overseas income so wanted to point out a static 400k is not going to make it.

Edited by lopburi3

As far as I read on the Immigration website, it looks like that the supporter can be either one of the parties, but after I called the Immigration office here in BKK, they were positive, that the foreigner needed to be the supporter, I guess those guys need to fix their website :o

Documents to submit for visa based on marriage to a Thai national

Application Form TM.7.

Copy and original of passport or substitute document.

One 4*6 cm photo

Marriage certificate

1,900 Baht fee

If an alien is the spporter, he must submit financial evidence, proof of employment, work permit and tax receipts.

Source: Immigration Bureau, Bangkok

http://www.thaivisa.com/304.0.html