Thailand Has Lost Its Allure

BenDan

Indeed the typical guy with shaved head, huge arms displayed wearing an undersized tshirt, shorts, flipflops and the nations thinnest girl on his arm might not be the prettiest of looks...but the country welcomed their money so we have to suck it up.

Indeed the typical guy with shaved head, huge arms displayed wearing an undersized tshirt, shorts, flipflops and the nations thinnest girl on his arm might not be the prettiest of looks...but the country welcomed their money so we have to suck it up.

once in a while i envy these guys... but only if the thin girl has big (.)(.) and a rather well developed (_!_) :o

Meh, big (.)(.) would be: ( o ) ( o )

Not to mention (___0___)

Anyway, what's the topic again? :o Ah right, :Has ASCII art lost it's allure? It was SO cool in the 80's and early 90's on those green & amber screens. What the hel_l happened?

Edited by Sanpatong

i love these threads, they always turn into a contest of who was here first, and who was the first one to witness thailand changing, etc etc etc. i cant wait to hear about pattayya being a fishing village and phuket being a swamp, etc etc

-----------------------

When I first visited BKK we had to walk 3 miles through nothing but rice patties to get to the nearest bar.

When we arrived at Sattahip we had to wade through a sea of Thai beauties on the pier just to get to dry land.

In the early days in Chiang Mai we had to trudge through three meters of snow to get to the nearest 7/11.

No I meant grocery store... :o

I was looking at pictures only two decades old, Thailand looked better without the orgy of billboards and commercial signs.

Well, and i think they make the scenery especially in Bangkok a lot livelier. Two decades ago Bangkok was an ugly hellhole washed in grey - grey buildings, grey smog, arghhh.

The billboards at least bring some color in, and make a very interesting blade runneresque scenery.