Best Muai Training In Pattaya

gymboy33

hi,

doea anybody have any experience, or views on scorpian, singkasang, kombat group or any other muai thai training gymb in pattaya????

I'm a total novice at moment with no training as yet..Im at present doing hot yoga at present about 5 times a week and doing some runs down pattaya beach...Im planning to go down to each gym to check them out and maybe have one training session in each gym to see what i think...But would be very thankful for anybodys experiences or view on the subject..

regards

gymboy

Gymboy,

Have you had any results with your training? If you are still looking for a serious place to train, you may want to have a chat with Christian at Kombat Group (www.kombatgroup.com). Good place, you should be able to pick up some quality experience there.

For what it’s worth, where ever you end up going I would strongly recommend getting your cardio fitness up to scratch, as it can get a bit cheeky.

Good luck

Fairtex Pattaya

Although I don't actually do muaythai, I have watched the guys (and girls :o ) in action while I've been in the gym and the guys (instructors) there are awesome. Lots of foreigners (both novice and experienced) train there, with many of them coming over specifically to stay in the camp and train.

Generally speaking, the best thing to do is try all the gyms - Sityotong, Scorpian, Tony's, Fairtex etc, etc. Get a feel for all of them. Then make your decision on the best one. Unfotunately, Thailand has changed. It's not like it used to be - it is all the about money now and how many Farangs' they can get in the door.

You need to build a relationship with a good trainer that will 'take care' of you. Not just expect 300 BHT after each session. However, the best gyms are in BKK - because they are close to all the major stadiums' and all the pro fighters' stay close to them. (I have stayed at many camps, trained with a lot of champions, and made many friends along the way.) But like you said, you are in Pattaya, but, there are still many great gyms' there worth visiting. Check them out. If the Thais like you; they will train you (as they train there own).

Good luck.

Regards