Kasikorn Bank Now In The 21st Century

Around one year ago, I applied for internet banking facilities at Kasikorn Bank. The application was made in person and was for my main savings account.

Two months ago, I opened a new account and decided to add this and an old dormant account to my internet banking facility. I emailed K-Cyber banking accordingly. They advised me (by return) that I would need to FAX copies of the account passbook (first page and last transaction page) and a copy of my passport to Bangkok. This I did for each account and two copies of my passport, one for each account.

Within 4 days, the new account had been added but the old dormant account had not. I sent an email to this effect. By return, I was informed that they had not received the fax for this account (although they were both sent during the one call) and asked for another copy. I dispatched scanned documents as attachments to eMail.

I then received a reply that attachments to emails were not acceptable and I would need to FAX them to Bangkok.

The following week, I faxed the documents (my fax machine has been broken for 6 months but I don't see the point of buying a new one when no-one I know uses fax anymore).

I was then informed that the faxed passbook balance did not show the same balance as the bank's records so I would have to have the book updated (again) and re-send it.

As it was not of paramount importance that this account was added urgently, I waited until I was next at the bank on other matters to update the book. The difference in balances was an interest payment (< bht 100.00) which had been deposited by the bank in the meantime.

So this week, I updated the passbook and today sent off copies of the three documents attached to email.

Within 15 minutes I had a reply that the documents were in order and my account would be added within 4 days.

Welcome to the 21st century!